Had dental work done, and dealing with a sore jaw. advice please

I haven't had a filling done in a while so I'm not used to what I should expect after
my jaw hurts on the side i got the shots so idk if its from the shots or if its from having it open for so long
will it get better in a few days (i had the filling done on wednesday) or should i try stretching it or something?
what do you do to aliviate jaw soreness/locking

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:21 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Health

• Take some form of Ibuprofen to alleviate the swelling and pain, and use an ice pack. I had a lot of dental work done and the pain your feeling is most likely from what you said, stretching you jaw open so wide, for so long. Keep taking the ibuprofen tomorrow, but alternate the ice pack with a heating pad. It was the only thing that really helped me. hope it works for you
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 1:29 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Oh, sorry but I know how you feel! You should start feeling better by tomorrow. And yes, stretching your jaw (gently) does help too. I also take advil because it does seem to help me. Feel better soon!!
    Annasofia

Answer by Annasofia at 1:24 AM on May. 7, 2011

• the dentist probably hit a nerve when numbing the area which will b painful...the only thing u can really do is take painkillers
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:32 AM on May. 7, 2011