STARBUCKS FANATICS

I am addicted to starbucks. I have starbucks about 3-5x a week. My usual is a venti extra coffee carmel. I am trying to lose about 20 pounds, but I CANNOT give up starbucks, today I had a the new coconut mocha frappaccino LIGHT, which the website claims it is only 210 (for a veni)...I really liked it and I can stick with it, but it doesn't taste like it's that low in calories so I wonder... Anyways has anyone ever had an addiction as such and switched to a lighter drink, did you lose weight still? Let me know how you lost weight and still enabled yourself to indulge in starbucks often!! :)

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 1:24 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I had same problem I'm addicted to venti mocha frappuchino so in order to lose weight and still indulge I get the tall instead of venti, its small yes but you still get your starbucks its less calories and fat therefore leading to weight loss
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 2:41 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I drink Starbucks everyday, I have a summer drink and a winter drink I get no whip on both of them and I ask them to use fat free milk I stand 5'5 and I'm about 125 lbs so I'm not really worried about losing weight but it helps me keep the weight off. In my girl mind losing the whip and using fat free milk is so much better for me!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:27 AM on May. 7, 2011

• i think starbucks is over rated and expensive!!!! either way it has some amount of caffeine which doesnt help weight loss. there are different waters that have vitamins to boost energy i know this water its called "ICE" has a really good taste and is caffeine free but u still have energy!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:36 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Also, bear in mind that an extra 100 calories a day, every day, equate to nearly 12 lbs over the course of a year. (3500 calories per pound, 100x365=36500 calories)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:48 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I HAVE to have my Starbucks everyday! I have a single grande, no whip mocha frappacino, I quit eating sweets and fast food and I've lost 20 lbs since Jan. I would love to try the coconut frapp, but I'm afraid it'll be too sweet. Do you feel the coconut flavoring is too sweet? Just curious.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:42 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I have some kind of coffee drink every day. I used to drink all kinds of things at Starbucks. Now, my two drinks are a venti black iced tea with no sweetener and no water (zero calories) or a double short soy latte (just as much coffee as a venti, but 80 calories). MUCH better than most of their drinks! I occasionally treat myself to a grande soy hot chocolate with 2 pumps of mocha, 1 pump of peppermint, and one pump of sugar-free vanilla (about half of the sugar it usually comes with from syrup). The syrups have about 25 calories per pump, the mocha syrup has 40 calories a pump. Frappuccinos, even the light, are loaded with sugar, and it's best to try to get your sugar intake as low as possible. Once a week as a treat isn't the worst thing, but not 3-5X a week. You might want to consider switching to an iced nonfat sugar-free caramel latte or something. A tall about be about 100 calories.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:46 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Kathy, IDK. It's just so good, it doesn't even taste light. That's why I'm skeptical.
    amberpatterson

Comment by amberpatterson (original poster) at 2:20 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Well if you go to their webstire and look up the nutritional info of that "light" drink it has 160 calories and 38 grams of carbs. That a LOT of empty calories/sugar for just a drink. Here in WNY Tim Horton's coffee is bigger, but if you stick to regular coffee you can the taste without the calories.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:29 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Tall, skinny upside down caramel macchiatto- 90 calories! It's what I drink when I go to SB... yeah, they know me and my girls by name and my drink! It's bad....;-)
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 3:25 PM on May. 7, 2011

• In the summer I get their iced coffee with 2% milk and a shot of sugar free hazelnut. And in the winter, I just get regular coffee with a bit of 2% milk and use a quarter of a packet of splenda. I don't go often though because I make my own at home, and SB can add up, it used to be a habit of mine until I realized how much money I handed them per week. :) I probably only go there about once a month now. If you can't give up going, just experiment with other healthier coffee drinks they serve until you find one that you like. You can gradually make the switch. I didn't know they had coconut anything, I may have to go by there! :) I love coconut.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 3:37 PM on May. 7, 2011