How early did you start planning your Lil One's 1st birthday party?

Mrs_Hahn09

Asked by Mrs_Hahn09 at 1:25 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my twins were 1 in september, i think i started around july and started hardcore planning/buying things mid august. their part was sep 11th
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:28 AM on May. 7, 2011

• party*
    ElsaSalsaaa

• His Bday is October 22 and I knew I wanted to throw a big bash because I was moving a few months after and didn't know when he would get a party with his cousins again, so I started planning as soon as the Halloween stuff came in stores. It was a costume party, all the kids showed up in their Halloween costumes, there were Halloween decorations and food. Orange and black cupcakes with spiderwebs. He celebrates his 5th bday this year and still hasn't had a party with our family since.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:45 AM on May. 7, 2011

• @ Elsa, did you have a theme?

@ Cassie.. that sounded like it was one fun party && pretty easy to plan lol .. I'm sry your son hasn't had a party w/ family in awhile tho "/
    Mrs_Hahn09

Comment by Mrs_Hahn09 (original poster) at 1:51 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I started planning 3-4 months before her birthday.
    xnegritalindax

Answer by xnegritalindax at 8:09 AM on May. 7, 2011

• when they were about an hour or two old, we did the pony, circus theme with the first one , the second one we did the "you can have as many friendsspend the night as your age , (5 yrs-5 friends,6 yrs- 6 friends,etc) ,it worked well, they had a say in the planning, what pride they had to be a "party planner" !!!
    ron57

Answer by ron57 at 10:12 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I'm 23 weeks pregnant and I already save ideas that I come across. I just helped my aunt plan my cousins 1st birthday bash and I don't think anytime is too early :) It was a lot of work and a lot of small details were over looked due to the timing she had! I'd say 2 months is a good time frame to be able to get everything planned out,date saved, and place reserved :)
    oliviahw

Answer by oliviahw at 12:18 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Yeahh Im thinking of planning my son's in August & September. His birthday is November 11th (its close to the holidays) && Im a person who gets her Christmas shopping done in advanced lol I like to get my Christmas shopping started in October && finish it early December so with lil man's bday being close to the holidays I think it will help w/ money && so Im not so scrambled btw his 1st bday && Christmas shopping to get his stuff done & out of the way first. Plus, Im a big creative person & also a perfectionist so I like to make sure I have plenty of time && not stressing.

BTW congrats on your pregnancy @Oliviahw
    Mrs_Hahn09

Comment by Mrs_Hahn09 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i know my daughter will be 1 in july and i have already pick the date and let most of the family know i just need the time and where
    were looking to buy a house so if we have a nice back yard it will be on home if not then were having it at the park next month ill start buying stuff for the party and should know where were having it
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 1:55 PM on May. 8, 2011