4 year old licking everything- is that something they grow out of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes. Just encourage him not to do it.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 8:39 AM on May. 7, 2011

• My 4-year-old does this when playing the, "I'm a puppy game." DRIVES ME CRAZY -- but I have noticed she is playing that less often -- thank God! This too shall pass Mom -- g'luck!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:32 PM on May. 7, 2011

•  First, some things he may be licking could have ecoli or even staff germs from dirty hands and second, he's not a dog! When my grand children did this, I would say, "OOO a bug could have crawled on that & went poo poo there, yuck!" Then tell the child that there are lots of "bugs" called germs that can make him sick. Remind him of a time he was really ill and tell him that he may have licked one of those germs & gotten into his blood & may have been what made him ill.  They need a Reason to stop; it works better if he makes the decision to stop!

turtldov

Answer by turtldov at 8:09 PM on May. 7, 2011