Tell me why this happens?

I must be missng something but I swear older black men tend to not think of me as a college student. IDK why. I got to university (live near the campus). I wonder because I have a kid do they think I am not a student? But then I see older Asians with children and no one second guesses them. But two older black men both questions if I was a student (one was the shuttle driver and one was a guy who lives down stairs-he just made a comment that students likve here...like u old turd I have been here for a year and u have seen me and my kid ) I dont get why they count me out as a student? seriously think it is because I am a black woman...

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 1:28 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• yeah it could be but don't think to much about it
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 2:05 AM on May. 7, 2011

• older black men also like to flirt a lot. perhaps that's their way of flirting and learning more about you. when you tell them something about yourself, say they can't believe it, so you can try to convince them of telling them more. i don't think it's because you are black. most people finish college before having children so they could be thinking that.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:32 AM on May. 7, 2011

• they're probably flirting ;)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:27 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Well the one guy is the shuttle driver and every time I get on he ask me that. it makes me feel weird because of it. I told him you ask me that same queston everytime. Is it because I have a kid? Do I not look as smart as the other student??????!!!!! He said no he didnt mean to offrend. Cause that really hurt lke nobody else every gets asked any questions but me.

Ewww to the flirting.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:07 AM on May. 7, 2011