Ladies, what's in that purse?

I usually don't carry a purse. I tend to lose them. Instead, I have a men's trifold leather wallet that I put in my pocket with my keys and my cellphone. However, I do have diaper bag for when I'm out with my DDs and a messenger bag for when I'm at college. Apparently, I treat both the same way that I used to treat purses, which is to say that I throw randomness in there and forget to keep it organized.

I can't find my favorite Erma Bombeck quote about the correlation between purse sizes and the junk that's inside them, but I know I read it somewhere once before.

In my messenger bag right now, there's random scraps of paper which may or may not be important, two textbooks, the latest version of MS Publisher that I bought but forgot to install, a broken pencil, some candy wrappers, two hairbrushes, twenty five copies of my writing resume, and the lid to a water bottle. In my diaper bag right now, there's the usual diaperbag stuff, plus more random scraps of paper, my WIC folder, a pen that sometimes works, a few fortunes from a trip to an Asian buffet two months ago, a penny, some wadded but unused tissues, one hair dilley, and a paperclip.

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 2:01 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Too much crap; not enough money.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 2:29 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I have pens, puzzle book, ipod, wallet, change, switchblade, box cutter lol yes I carry that in my purse for protection because you never know
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 2:11 AM on May. 7, 2011

• in mine i have my books, candy wrappers, nail filer, hair ties, papers, pack of gummy worms lol, little tiny pet shop toys frm dd and a plastic chicken drum stick thats dd's also lol
    libas.mommy

Answer by libas.mommy at 2:19 AM on May. 7, 2011

• nothing... i carry a diaper bag... it does contain my wallet and keys though.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 2:23 AM on May. 7, 2011

• wallet, gum, a baggie with asprin, pamprin, 2 alka seltzer plus packets, antibiotic ointment and tampons. A magazine, makeup bag, keys, cell phone, hand and body lotion, I-Pod, tampons, arm and wrist brace and dental floss.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:30 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I have a HUGE purse and I have: wallet, lip glosses (2), lip pencil, pen, small notepad, a yo-yo (lol a nurse gave it to DD when we took her to the ER last week), lip balm, travel size hand sanitizer, small tube of lotion, Wisps, bandana, roll on perfume, travel Clorox wipes, iPod, DD's shot record, eye drops, hair clip, hair tie, keys to my mom's house, deodorant, tissues, a bottle of nail polish (hmmm...not sure why that's in there) and a reusable bag that folds into itself.

What's sad is that this is only half of what I used to carry in a much smaller bag lol. I usually also have a small makeup bag that I toss an eyeliner, mascara, shadow and my lip stuff into, but it's not in there right now. I swear, the bigger the bag I carry, the less stuff that goes into it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:28 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Whatever my children throw in it. It's currently empty.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 3:33 AM on May. 7, 2011

• billfold, mine and my son's meds, pens, chapstick, lotion.
    raven1114

Answer by raven1114 at 3:47 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I feel your pain. My purse is huge and has my diaper bag stuff in it too. In my purse right now is my wallet, my keys, two ponytail holders, two books, a hair brush, my camera, my dog's leash, my sunglasses, a spiral notebook, a spare pair of panties for my daughter (She's two), a couple of her toys, my spare cell phone charger, lotion, lip stick, eyeliner, mascera, eye shadow, gum, tic tacs, purple gel pen, black ball point pen, matchless earring, church bulletin form Easter, dog treats, ketchup packet (wtf is that doing in there?), business card from my daughter's doctor, Sims 2 installation disk, Frontline for the puppy, half a forgotten candy bar (forgotten no more, yum!) baby wipes, cosmetic mirror, sanitary napkin, empty tube of lip gloss, crumpled receipts, gum wrapper, cosmetic brush, and a flash drive. I really need to clean this thing out more often. This is ridiculous.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 5:25 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Let's see...I have my wallet with all my credit cards and cash, multiple lip glosses, candy wrappers, old receipts, a pen, an appointment card for my son's doctor (glad I looked in there, so I can mark that one on my calendar!), sunglasses, a couple of my son's matchbok cars, lotion, tylenol, and hand sanitizer!
    Danda08

Answer by Danda08 at 6:56 AM on May. 7, 2011