Am I being dramatic ??

Married to a great guy who has two wonderful children. I do everything for these kids... While there mom hardly ever sees them because she's to busy with her bf. She does nothing for them but at the end if the day I feel like she gets all the credit.

Mothers day is Sunday and its our day to have them. My husband andi spoke about offering there mother the day and I was more then ok with it... All of a sudden, I'm feeling left out and sad... I feel like everything I do for these kids means nothing because at the end of the day, I'm not there mother . I was fine with it in the begining but now , I'm feeling awful! I feel guilty for feeling the way I do.. Maybe my hormones are out of control because I'm pregnant??

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I think we should do things for other people that are nice regardless of whether we get "credit" or "recognition" for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I agree! It's not that I'm wanting credit, it's that I'm feeling left out in a way...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:25 AM on May. 7, 2011

• You will soon have a child of your own & you will have all the mother's days then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Thank you givingtreemommy! I truly believe that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:27 AM on May. 7, 2011

• No you are not, you are understandably having normal emotions given the situation. They need to be able to "put on a pedestal" their bio mom- wether or not she deserves it, She is a part of them and it makes them feel better about themselves. Those kids are lucky to have you as their "mom". They will thank you when they get older, just keep up the great work and enjoy what you can. They will be great help when the baby arrives. :-) Happy Mothers' Day !!!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:43 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Hi just let me praise you for standing up and taking care of children that the man you love had with another woman.. Alot of women would be petty and selfish . yOU ARE A VERY SWETT AND WONDERFUL WOMAN YOU NEED TO PAT YOURESELF ON THE BACK AND BY YOU NOT MAKING A BIG FUSS AND ACTING CHILDISH YOU ARE MAKING A AKWARD SITUTATION MUCH MORE COMFTERBABLE COMFORTABLE FOR THE CHILDREN....hAPPY MOTHERS DAY AND GOD BLESS YOU FOR THINKING ABOUT THE CHILDRENS FEELINGS BEFORE YOURES...
    mommysdream371

Answer by mommysdream371 at 3:06 AM on May. 7, 2011

• You did not say How old they are ?

Children, do not, forget "Who really loved them, and who "made them brush thier teeth, home-work help, made them take a bath"

In the end---- "YOU WILL BE MOM" ♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:20 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I agree with the others. Years from now that hard work will pay off and they will know who took care of them. Just keep being the unselfish and loving person for them and in time they'll see it. Happy Mother's Day!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 5:32 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Awww, you aren't being dramatic, that just proves that you really care for the kids :) Kudos to you for being a great stepmom!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:52 AM on May. 7, 2011

• If you keep trying to do the right thing now, you will find that in time, they recognise that and love you the more, and the blessings and recognition will follow and never end. Plus, your just knowing you did the right thing will make all the difference!

As parents, we have to put up with a lot before that point that is painful, because we love them. The "I hate you"s or "everyone else can, why are you so mean?"s that hurt us most now are what will mean the most to our children in the future.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:27 AM on May. 7, 2011