Splenda

How bad is it for you, I mean has anybody ever developed problems from it?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 2:24 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Health

• I recently dropped it and gave up on all artificial sweeteners. Anon above is correct and some people have had adverse side effects from it. One good site is www.truthaboutsplenda.com. But another contributing factor for me was just learning about excitotoxins and all artifical sweeteners and MSG are excitotoxins. It basically means consuming them causes the neurons in your brain to over fire, over prolonged use the neurons can tire and then not fire properly which can lead to diseases/syndromes such as Lou Gerhigs, Parkinsons, Seizures, Alzheimers....as a diabetic I've used splenda for years and giving it up helped my bust through my weight loss plateau and I do feel better not using it anymore.

I use one packet of stevia in my coffee but i'm slowly decreasing (I started with 2 packets) and eventually I plan on drinking my coffee black and using no sweetners
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:37 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I use it, and from the research I've done, there aren't health risks unless you're consuming copious amounts of it, like, bucketfuls.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:27 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I use splenda and haven't had any problems from it
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 2:34 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Splenda is chlorinated sugar. Just because someone hasn't had any problems with it (not yet or as they know of anyway) doesn't mean it's something you should ingest.

Splenda - Made from Sugar, but is Closer to DDT

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on May. 7, 2011