How soon after a miscarriage can you get pregnant? How soon is it safe to have sex after a m/c? I had a m/c a week ago...i just stopped bleeding heavy and now its just light...i feel fine...if i was to get pregnant soon again would that mean another m/c would happen?

mom2girliegirls

Asked by mom2girliegirls at 12:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Health

• yes u cant get pregnant soon after and it dont mean that u will have a M/C but i would be more careful
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• should i make my husband use protection for a little while or is it safe not to?
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 12:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• if u want to have another one then it is safe but if not i would use it...... oh and i had a MC be careful the first time u have sex, it will hurt alittle..... specially if u do it doggy style
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• thanks
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 12:39 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I'm sorry to hear about that. I wouldn't have sex just yet. I'd wait another 2 or 3 weeks. My doc told me to wait 4 weeks just to prevent possible infection. And your miscarriage is sort of like your period at this point....meaning that your cycle is starting over again and you should expect your next period 4-6 weeks after the miscarriage happened. Some women DO ovulate during this "after miscarriage cycle" so yes it is possible to get pregnant right away. No, you won't necessarily have a miscarriage just because of the other one.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 2:40 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have had 2 miscarriages. I was told I could start TTC again as soon as I felt ready. I got pregnant immediately after my second one and I am now 8 months pregnant with a very healthy little boy. You can have sex whenever you feel comfortable. I had sex while miscarrying.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:15 AM on Dec. 5, 2008