My washing machine

we have a front load washer and never had a problem w the mildew smell when we were in kentucky but as soon as we moved to washington it started smelling. i have tried everything even the expensive tablets, vinegar i just dnt no how to get rid of it! any suggestions?

Alyson_Torres09

Asked by Alyson_Torres09 at 2:24 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Have you tried a hot cycle w/ bleach & make sure you leave the door open when not in use to dry it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on May. 7, 2011

• yes!!! i never close the door now bc i cnt get rid of the smell n if i close the door its strong when i open it! i think when we moved the left water in the hoses but i figured by now it would go away!
    Alyson_Torres09

Comment by Alyson_Torres09 (original poster) at 2:28 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Maybe you should replace the hoses? Can't hurt if you've tried everything. Have you tried to do a search of the situation? I have found some pretty creative suggestions for things by doing that. (i found out I can clean my dishwasher with lemonade flavor unsweetened kool aid powder! it really worked!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Well, my niece swears that when she started using Charlie's Laundry Soap the smell in her washer went away.  Just an idea.  I do not know first hand if it really wprked.

http://www.charliesoap.com/

whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:49 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Try running a cycle with baking soda and vinegar on HOT. Hope this helps!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:54 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Have you tried leaving the soap tray open too?
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 8:00 AM on May. 7, 2011

• hmm, not sure, we have never had that issue with ours. I do always leave the door open.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:43 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I was thinking to get one but my mom has some and they stink no matter what she does she's tried all the cleaning ideas and techniques and nothing works they are just going to be stinky it's because of the seals on the doors and because of how the hoses are they don't fully drain the water out they wind up smelling like a laundromats washer stinky as hell!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:51 AM on May. 7, 2011

• We always leave the lid open after we wash. and now i think they have washing machine cleaner. You could try that.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 12:36 PM on May. 7, 2011

• run it through an extra spin cycle and leave the lid open if you can--this is what we were told when we bought our washer and dryer. The extra spin cycle gets excess water out
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:43 PM on May. 7, 2011