hospital bag

wut should i take to the hospital with me my im only 28 weeks but iv been having probles with stuff so the doc told me to get my bags ready just in case and i was wondering wut i nedd to brieng and wut would be nice to have

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Make sure to pack a diaper bag for baby. If he's premie, he'll have to stay at the hospital for a bit and you'll have time to pack for him. But if he's full term, you might need a couple diapers, your own pacifier, an outfit or two, socks, hat, receiving blanket, car seat, a thick blanket bc it's wintertime....

For you: A gown for after-birth, a coming home outfit (maternity size, bc you will most likely still look pregnant), non-slip socks, a couple pairs of underwear and nursing bras, maxi pads, something to do or focus on during labor (music, crosswords, etc), massage oil if your SO is gonna help you through labor, some snack for you and SO, and I can't remember what else.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• well u will need, at least 5 changes of cloths, a hat, socks for baby and u will need lot of undies, a bathrobe, slippers if u want, heave socks, jammie pants and shirt s or night gowns... i broght my labtop most hospital have wireless internet so u can go online... maybe a mp3 player, a book things like that, oh and take a bottle some diapers and baby wipes in case u dont like the ones they have at the hospital
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• For me:
    a cute maternity outfit (6 months pregnancy), lots of thick pads (i mean diaper like pads), underwear (3 pair), socks, slippers, robe a couple magazines, and laptop.

Hospital gave me: Gown, non-slip socks, and pads (but the pads weren't about nothin!)

Baby:
    warm Outfit, hat, socks, blanket, diapers, wipes, bottle, pacifier, carseat

Good luck sweetie!
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 12:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• For you: Something to wear home from the hospital (the more comfy, the better, but you'll also want to feel pretty after the ordeal of birth), toiletries, brush, CHAPSTICK, stuff to read (for the other folks while you're in labor, once you're in active labor, you won't want to read anything), comfy robe, shoes you can wear in the shower and don't care what gets on them (flip flops, Crocs), makeup if you wear it daily, pillow from home (use a colored pillowcase so it doesn't get mixed up with the hospital's), socks that are comfy, but you don't care if they get stained, hair ties, paper and pen, phone/camera CHARGERS, CAMERA, cell phone, list of calls to make when baby arrives (have someone else make the calls... you'll be exhausted, and so will daddy!), Kleenex (the hospital stuff is crap, and you'll be needing it!!), nursing bras if you plan to nurse
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Cont'd
    For Dad: stuff to read, change for the vending machine, reading material, swim trunks to hop in the shower with you (the shower was a GODSEND for me in labor)
    For baby: going home outfit, carseat (already properly installed)
    Find out what your hospital provides. It will really affect what you need to pack, and a lot of stuff is provided for you.
    I found that I didn't need any clothes post partum. I thought I'd want to labor in something I owned, but I was bleeding (bloody show), and frankly, was just more comfortable in the gown they provided. They provide all the blankets, baby clothes, diapers, wipes, and hats you'll need for baby, until it's time to go home. You may want maxi pads, but I just used theirs. It's good to have some at home for when you get home, though.
    Cont'd....
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:24 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I packed up at 30 weeks, so don't feel weird about packing so soon. I recommend writing out a list of everything you want to pack, because some things you won't have packed ahead of time, like your tooth brush, shampoo, etc, and you'll forget them in the heat of the moment if you don't have it written down. DH and I were convinced it was another false alarm when my water broke, and he had to come home and get the bag and thankfully, we had the list, so he was able to grab the other things I needed.
    Happy laboring!! =)
    musicpisces