Did anything really funny happen while you were in labor or shortly after you gave birth?

Literally the first thing I said after DD was born, before the cord had even been clamped, was, "Is she still a girl?!" lol. Everyone started laughing and my OB managed to say she was. Then, after I got to BF DD for the first time, I was still feeding her and my FIL walked in the room with my mom lol (he turned totally around and was really freaked out). Then the next day the poor man walked in on my BFing AGAIN. That time was funnier because he walked in with DH (they'd gone for breakfast) talking to him, and without missing a word just lifted his head and backed across the room behind the curtain lol.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:43 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We didn't know what gender she was so when she was born my CNM held her up, legs spread facing me and asked 'what is it?'. I had to blink to see properly after 2 hours of hard pushing, tilted my head at the very swollen baby parts and asked 'Girl?' She and the nurses laughed at me too...about as much as when she asked if I wanted a mirror to watch the birth and I said 'HELL NO!'
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:02 AM on May. 7, 2011

• LOL I loved having the mirror. Kept me focused and made things less of a mystery lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 7:57 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Not to me but when my sister was in labor while she was being wheeled to the labor ward she started to undress
    asha81

Answer by asha81 at 8:13 AM on May. 7, 2011

• My DH kept me laughing tell me silly jokes or making parodies of songs during the labor for my DS and one of the 1st things I asked after he was born was When was Lunch? I was starving. OP Brave woman having "the Mirror" i saw some of what was going on there during the delivery of my 2nd but yeesh I couldn't handle it. :) Happy Mother's Day
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:38 PM on May. 7, 2011