Does anyone else actually miss the hospital stay of when they had their baby?

I must be crazy but I felt like I was on vacation..

SomethingZen

Asked by SomethingZen at 4:57 AM on May. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Compared to my life, it is vacation.
    Room service, a bed you don't have to share, a tv you don't have to share the remote to, a view over the city(in my case it was the local park). You could set the temp in the room and not have people complain if they were hot or cold. Pain meds were administered around the clock, if needed of course lol Laundry was done for you, I had a house keeper (house keeping lol). If I needed a little time to rest, they'd wisk my child off to the babysitter (aka the nursery)......
    That's the life.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 7:56 AM on May. 7, 2011

• No I wanted out. Both kids were c-sections and I was begging them to let me go the next day lol
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 5:41 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I had a stillborn in 05, I am now 8 months pregnant. With my stillborn I wanted to go home right away since there was no reason to stay. Also, I have a feeling I will want to go home right away with this one also but just because I have a lot of family to help me. I might miss all the expert nurse advice though once I leave.
    breannasue11

Answer by breannasue11 at 6:26 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't miss it at all....I delivered my son (now 3) at 2:52 PM, and left by that same time the next day. They were going to keep me another day, but I told them that I just wanted to go home, and since I had no problems they let me (thank goodness!). I was SO happy to be home, in my own bed, without nurses coming in every 10 minutes!
    Danda08

Answer by Danda08 at 6:41 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Don't forget the warm blankets!!!!!! lol
    BeachyBabe

• nope, I delivered at 9pm and would have left at 9 the next morning if I could hvae!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:18 AM on May. 7, 2011

• i missed it but that could be beause mine was a preemie and i just didnt want to leave her..while i was there i could see her all the time and once i went home i couldnt drive for 6wks and was dependent on someone else to take me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Yes it was wonderful! The food was great, there was no cleaning, the nurses were so nice, etc. For each of my 5, I stayed at long as they would let me.

Answer by missanc at 8:53 AM on May. 7, 2011

• After I had my son and we got to come home after 4 days, I really did miss the hospital. I thought I was the only one! lol I loved the food and the nurses were great. I also felt safe there, I guess. Sorta like if anything were to go wrong (as a first time mom, I was worried about everything), I'd be in the right place.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 9:56 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I did when I had my first one but with my second child i was desperate to leave.
    Jovanna

Answer by Jovanna at 11:23 AM on May. 7, 2011