Anyone with four kids where the first three are all close in age and the fourth is at least 5 years younger? wondering how that affected your family - the other kids and family dynamics and activities.

karen393

Asked by karen393 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My older two are a year and eight days apart and there are three yrs. between my oldest and youngest daughter's. As far as how it affects our family, etc. it doesn't. Our son, our oldest, has never been jealous when either of his sisters were born nor has my older daughter with our youngest. In fact, when my oldest and youngest were babies, they were a BIG HELP with the other two.With activities, we try to find things that can includes all three of them (which isn't always easy lol). Hope this answers your question.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 8:07 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I am the third child of 4 in my family. My older siblings and I are all a year apart. As we got a little older my mom decided she wanted one more so my younger brother is 4 1/2 yrs younger than me. I am really close to him. We adored him and felt like we got to watch him grow up. Its funny you bring this up because we still tease him (he's 25) and ask him if his umbilical cord is tangled... and all kinds of mommas boy references. :) We all did swim team because it was good exercie and my mom could drop us all off in one place. It was fun for us to all be apart of the same team and cheer eachother on. We never thought anything about his age because it was just our family, and we had no reason to question it. I loved having multiple siblings...always excitement at our house.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2008