Need to know the name of a song...

okay.. I went to breakfast at Hardee's this morning with my parents, and one of the regular old guys came over and sang my baby girl a really sweet little song...
I only remember part of the words.. but if anyone knows the name of this song.. I'd like to see if i can find it.. the lyrics .. or even be able to download it..
It was a REALLY sweet song but the ONLY words i really remember are:
"i want to cry.. when you take that little finger and poke me in the eye"
and the rest is really sweet.. something about I see a bit of heaven ..
precious little baby girl..
not really sure.. but if you have ANY information or guesses.. I'd be really happy to hear what you got.

4xmommy2008

Asked by 4xmommy2008 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• do you think he could have made it up on the spot...i have noticed ppl like my grandma making up lil songs to sing to the boys
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I tried googling some of the lyrics you put down, but none of them broght results. If you can remember any of the other lyrics, I'd suggest googling them. IT usually brings up the song you want.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i've been googling for over 3 hours.. lol
    Thus.. i am here looking for anyone that can help me!

i'm still googling.. and still nothing..
    I think i may have to go to breakfast again.. and see if he can tell me what it is.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• kinda sounds like a jonas brothers song, but the words aren't right. maybe its a spoof?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• he said he's been singing this song since his kids were babies... and that they were in their late 50's now..
    He very well could have made up the song.. but i could almost swear that i've heard it before..

HMMMM
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 12:57 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Is it "your gonna miss this" by Trace Adkins?
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Go back some day and ask him!, I am going out of my mind wondering what movie with Claire Danes has her singing a little song to her kids that says " I see the moon and the moon sees me, and the moon sees everything in between.....God bless the moon and God bless me and God bless everything in between", My kid says it has to be the movie Evening because that is the movie we rented that week.Hmmmmmmm................
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Okay...that's not it...But I'm brainstorming for you!!!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:28 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• GiGi1969...isn't that a nursery rhyme? I remember seeing that in one of my daughters books.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have no idea but I KNOW it is Claire Daines and my son swears it is in Evening, I even bought the movie but haven't gotten around to watching it again.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 5, 2008