Have you ever dropped your baby?

I havent, but my son did roll off the couch when I turned my head away while I was talking to my mom. I didn't thin he had the strength to turn himself over at 2 months old =(.

xmama_bellax

Asked by xmama_bellax at 7:47 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In the hospital, a few days after delivery, I had Baby on the bed for a diaper change. Somehow he wriggled out of my grasp and flew off the side of the bed--before he could hit the ground I pinned him against the side of the bed with my knee, like a soccer ball. Scared me to death, and now I grip his ankles a lot more firmly during changing time.

Doesn't matter if you're giving your baby all of your attention, THINGS HAPPEN to all of us!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 3:00 PM on May. 7, 2011

• babies start things at all different ages and if there is even a little bit of slant at all it helps them
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 7:51 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I dropped my DD while she was in her car seat :( I was carrying her carseat and our porch had snow on it and I slipped and dropped the car seat but when I looked inside she was still asleep lol.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:53 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I haven't dropped my girls, but my oldest rolled off of my bed once. I never trusted to leave her lay on anything alone again, lol. She obviously was ok, but I think I cried for an hour over that.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:31 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I have never dropped DD. I remember one day I was in the kitchen making her bottle and I left her on the bed, surrounded by pillows, she wasn't very mobile and the next thing I know, I hear a LOUD thud hit the floor and DD crying....my heart skipped a few beats!
    Holtswife24

Answer by Holtswife24 at 8:44 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I dropped my dd once...she wasn't exactly a baby though, she was 3 at the time, and I was pregnant with my son. It was raining, and I was trying to carry her from the car to the house because she was sick and I didn't want her to get worse, I slipped and fell and dropped her :( Luckily I had enough sense to move slightly (I think I did it subconsciously) and she landed in the grass, right in a mud puddle. I felt like the worst mother in the world!!! She was okay though, and only cried because I was crying!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:15 AM on May. 7, 2011

• well i have never dropped my son knock on wood. but i ws present when my mother tripped while coming out of toysrus one daywith him. he was in his car seat all asleep and covered up and all the sudden she missedthe curb and fell at least he was ok and didnt even wake up but i know it was heart breaking that he got dropped. All i could think was is he ok, i know he cant tell me now but i hope that he is all right.
    cwhalen87

Answer by cwhalen87 at 6:08 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I've never actually dropped either of my sons, but yeah, my 3 month old scooted off the bed the other day. It was aweful....he didn't get hurt, he actually landed on an oversized stuffed animal and a blanket, but it scared him ( AND ME!) to death. I felt so bad!!! Poor baby... :-(
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 1:40 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Ladies! We all know to give our babies 100% attention at all times! Do not leave them unattended!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:24 AM on May. 7, 2011