Lieing

how common is lieing in 7/ 8 year old girl . my step daughter who i raised since she was 4 and see me as her mum lies 24/7 she never had a good start in life but seemed to be well adjusted but a little young minded for her age  but  she lies like a pro . stuff like she screamed " that hurt " so dh went to find out what stepson and step daughter were doing and she lied and said she never said it i heard her she screamed it . turns out she was doing something bad so that why she lied. but its all the time! she lie about putting stuff in the washing or why her little brother crying she blames every one for everything and when she gets told off crys like a baby. i dono if i should be worried or if this is a girl thing . my step son has behavioral problem thanks to his past so also lies but he dose not act like a spoilt princess my sons are only 2 and 7 months . i love my step daughter as my own  but I'm basically a very new mum trying to learn help me out with that is normal and what is not for a girl of her age  ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on May. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• who cares about spelling on here?? wow how rude this isnt school... well anyways my son is 8 and he lies like a champ also.. when he had his chekup at the dr his dr said to expect but also show you wont tolerate it..
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 3:11 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My DD just started this. She is spending this weekend writing sentences and cleaning. Good luck with your DD I hope we both can make them stop it soon. BTW, my daughter has had a pretty "normal" life so I am not so sure the issues you all are dealing with have much to do with it.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 4:47 PM on May. 7, 2011

• When I was 8, everything that came out of my mouth was a lie. lol Think about yourelf at that age, you didn't wanna get in trouble.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 7:52 AM on May. 7, 2011

• its not just the lieing she will act like she cant understand like she got a learning prob or a hearting prob she used to get off with that as at a young age it was believed she did have a learning difficulty turned out she never but had used it for year . then she did have a hearing prob and got away using that for a bit but its fixed now and yes she been tested recently . i cant explain it for example i will ask her where she put her school tight and she will act like she dose not know what i mean , yet when i ask her to go to bed she will check the clock and point out its not her bed time for 3 min yet !

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:12 AM on May. 7, 2011

• its time for an ass whooping. shes testing you, and if she keeps doin it, she doesnt think you're punishing her for what she does. im tellin you, just whoop her ass like im sure your mamma did to you. i would whoop my stepchilds ass if they lived with me for a while. i would expect my childrens step mom to do the same
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:26 AM on May. 7, 2011

• she is times out every time she dose it and i started time her out for the crying as it just annoying when you know she just faking it . i am striked she lost tv and pudding ect ect . i have very stricked rules with step son having behavioral probs but step daughter is so stubbing she takes the punishment then dose it again the nest day its been going on a year i feel like all i do is time her out !

i have to say she no longer see her bith mother and the birth mother make no decisions at all  and step daughter act like me . so its more like an adopted child

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:30 AM on May. 7, 2011

• i think with her past i kinda find it hard as I'm like is this normal naughty or a prob naughty

i cant work out if there something wrong or not

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:35 AM on May. 7, 2011

• It's pretty common at that age, not that that makes it acceptable. When I punish for lying I punish for the lie not the behavior that they lied about. If they end up coming clean I give them positive reinforcement for telling the truth (because that's more important to me than punishing for the behavior they shouldn't have done) and let the behavior go for now but I do talk about how it isn't appropriate. It doesn't mean that I don't have consequences for poor choices but just that if lying is something I want to focus on I put all of the focus on that.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:51 AM on May. 7, 2011

• is it just me, or is "lieing" spelled "lying" ... please inform me!!!
    ron57

Answer by ron57 at 9:37 AM on May. 7, 2011

• i'm dyslexic and scottish so i'm spelling it like it sounds
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:38 AM on May. 7, 2011