What do you stay at home moms do for yourself or for fun?

I love taking care of my family. Sometimes I feel like just taking sometime for myself but I'd feel selfish.I don't want because I don't want my DH to think I tired of them.

xnegritalindax

Asked by xnegritalindax at 7:59 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Entertainment

• I get on facebook, farmville & cafemom. Sometimes I pick up a good book & will read that like I may read 4 or a few more books a year. I love to watch movies & keep up on a few shows of mine. I like to do craft type stuff. I LOVE to sleep!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:08 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Nothing!! I have 3 children under 5 yrs old, a husband and only one car. I don't get any free time and I don't have any friends :(
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:23 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Fun? Never heard of it LMAO!!! I usually bake stuff with my kids <3
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:28 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I do alot of things for myself and dont find it selfish at all. When I was in my 20s I did, but now not so much. I go to the movies alone or with friends, out to lunch, shopping, tanning, take day trips to the outlet mall and things like that. I figure if everything I need to do at home is done, my kids are cared for, and all of that then I deserve me time.

Answer by gemgem at 8:31 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I get on fb, cafemom, take baths when dh is home, i watch netflix during nap time if i'm not napping too.... thats about it.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 8:32 AM on May. 7, 2011

• DH is deployed, so we talk on Skype, I get on Cafemom try to find new, fun groups to join and make new friends, bake, read. When DH is home we like to go out on the weekends, when a friend watches DD, and we go to the Country Club in town, go dancing and drinking, have a date night.

I never feel like taking time out for myself, DH and DD are my life.
    Holtswife24

Answer by Holtswife24 at 8:41 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Don't get me wrong now. I love my dh and my dd and I take such good care of them and our home. I just feel that's all I do.
    xnegritalindax

Comment by xnegritalindax (original poster) at 8:54 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Until my kids were in school, we had fun at home and We were never bored. We didn't do anything special-we just hung around the house or visited other Moms and kids. Or we went shopping or out for a walk. WHen they were old enough to go to school, then I went to the Library,etc. and did a lot of sewing for myself and my daughters. I miss those days....
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:18 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I feel the same exact way you do. I don't like to go out and drink cuz it's no fun having too much fun and taking care of kids the next day. I don't do anything at all really. Bored with my life.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:12 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I do lots of stuff for myself and it's not selfish. My husband does stuff for himself. Gawd knows the kids do stuff for themselves. Just because I'm a mother doesn't mean I stopped being a person with wants and needs.
    I like to read and write, knit, watch TV, play games.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:16 PM on May. 8, 2011