Do you like hosting parties in your home? What's the biggest number of people you've had in your home at once?

My husband and I are having a BBQ today at our new house so our friends can see it, the kids can play and so on. I'm expecting, including my 3 kids, a total of 10 kids. Besides me and my husband, about 10 adults. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and feel like my house needs to be spotless before they get here. I know that's a little extreme, considering with 20+ people in it it's going to be filthy when they leave. It looks up to par right now, but there is a lot to do before I feel it's "ready" LOL. Anyway, for the kids we'll have the slip -n- slide set up out back along with the kiddie pool for the young ones. My daughters' rooms are also open incase she wants to play with her friends up there. For everyone else we'll be grilling hamburgers, hot dogs, I bought a giant watermelon, other BBQ staples, drinks. I'm just feeling ansty this morning and hoping I picked up enough food, drinks, covered all the bases and such. Jeez, is it suppose to be stressful? I feel like I would much rather be the guest than the host. But I know when everyone gets here it's going to be a lot of fun.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:19 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Love it! One Christmas we had 72 people. It was crazy great!! Sounds like you have everything under control. It is always a little stressful right before no matter how big or small the gathering you always want your guests to have a good time. Enjoy!

sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 8:36 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I start deep cleaning the house a week ahead of the gathering; I even make a list to be sure I don't forget something. We've had about 42 people at once. Once people started arriving my sil's take over and I get to just relax..its great!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:24 PM on May. 7, 2011

• We love having parties we live on 10 acres and have a huge deck. The largest was last summer we had 50 people for a BBQ. We are trying to line up some music and have a concert for friends and employees along with our neighbors this summer hopefully we can get it done.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 5:50 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I prefer to party at others!
    PrincessStacy

Answer by PrincessStacy at 4:12 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Our house is super tiny so all the parties we've had have been summer BBQ, even those only had 4 or 5 people. There would be too much competition for the one bathroom otherwise! I've always much preferred parties at other peoples' house anyway.
    pampire

Answer by pampire at 8:39 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i enjoy hosting gatherings. i love having people over and being able to be comfortable in my own home. although i do enjoy the lack of stress, going to other peoples' places so i dont have to be the one cleaning up before AND after. i had 40-50 over for my baby shower and it was a complete madhouse. i cant believe i fit that many people in my livingroom/kitchen at once!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 9:49 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I've thrown a lot of parties being 17. I think I've had, at the most, 40 people. But the biggest party I've been to had 170 people. surprise mini

MoreMia

Answer by MoreMia at 12:43 AM on May. 8, 2011