I feel like my life can't poosibly get any worse but I'm actually terrified because I know it really could...

DH is under paid
I am unemployed
Our house in in foreclosure
We don't make enough for the cheapest low income apt we could find
DS has Autism but not bad enough to get SSI
My only support system-my sister is moving away
There is no room on the 2 year section 8 waiting list
I have put in 16 applications with no call backs
DH has put in 10 applications with no call backs
My state is number 9 in the highest unemployment rate
We can't afford to go to another state to find work because of housing
My savings for moving is dwindling with day to day stuff.
The economy is in shambles
The world is suffering from all sorts of natural and unnatural effects- like we are one step away from destruction here in the US as well...
I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders.
I just want to be happy and stable. Not even comfortable-just stable. Haev what we need. A shelter-food. JOBS that pay what we need. I mean DH has manager experiences and only need 11.50 and hour to completely take care of this family. All I have in entry level experience and I can't find anything. Even McDonald's didn't call back. I ache today from fear and worry. Someone give me hope. Tell me there is hope. Can anyone make me feel like I can survive this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• You can contact NACA..i think thats what its called. they help people in foreclosure. Also, you should be protesting your foreclosure as should everyone else in the USA. Its not our fault the economy is in the shitter, why should we have to pay for it. If I was a homeowner I would refuse to pay my mortgage and encourage others to do the same.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:31 AM on May. 7, 2011

• You woke up this morning. You have 2 arms and 2 legs and a beautiful son, and a DH. You are blessed. Be thankful for the joys in your life.

This too shall pass. It doesn't make it easier, but it will. Hang in there and know that life is always better than the alternative.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 8:31 AM on May. 7, 2011

• We have been fighting the foreclosure for over 2 years now. We only bought the house 3 years ago...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:36 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Praying for you Mama! I know what you mean sweetie, I just got hired - and I'm only getting 3 days a week. Honey, I put in so many applications too. Keep applying, and you have to trust God. You'll be in my prayers!!! BTW, My parents too are losing their home. There are millions of people in the same situation . Please. Keep trusting. There is hope!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Honey, my parents lived in their home 11 years, have not paid in 2 years. They have 28 days to leave. But there is an alternative, bankruptcy. How long has it been since you've paid?

I suggest going to a lawyer, they have free consultations, FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY, and it will give you another year in your home. My parents are in that process, and will have another year to stay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on May. 7, 2011

• You can make it! It sounds like things would start to clear up if you could just get some income coming in. The key is not letting discouragement get you down. You need jobs! Apply for everything. . . and I mean EVERYTHING!

Put an ad on Craigslist to clean houses or sit with the elderly. Offer to babysit children. . . explain that you have a child with autism and offer to babysit special needs kids. Believe me, their moms need a break!

Have DH put an ad on Craigslist for any kind of work he can find . . . construction, manual labor, anything. Remember, you guys don't have to keep the job. You just need to get the money flowing. Besides, the more people you met, the more leads you can get for a better job. Most cities have a corner where men stand to be picked up for day labor (usually used by illegal aliens w/o papers). Have DH try it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on May. 7, 2011

• we have missed 18 payments of 1,130. yeah we used to have that. ha! It's a joke now. Never should have bought this house.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:40 AM on May. 7, 2011

• (cont)

Once you have income, things will feel better and you can regroup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on May. 7, 2011

• HONEY!!!! That is so not bad at all, okay, there is HOPE!!! My parents owe well over 50,000 , their mortgage payment was 1,900/month

So honey, I'm telling you... you will be fine. Have you had a notice to where you've had to leave? I guarantee if NOT, you will have at least another 2 years, the way its going so many houses are being taken , people are just living in the homes til they're taken, ---- Which screws up your credit, but at least you have a while to be stable and save until you have to leave
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I can try! My husband is unemployed, has been looking for a couple of years now. He's 55 so it's not easy. I am 55 also and was forced to retire from my Teaching Assistant job which I loved because I had a nervous breakdown and am permanently disabled. I've been through hell and back, was suicidal; if it wasn't for my husband and cousin I wouldn't be here right now. I have 4 grown children and 2 little grandchildren. I am on meds., see a psychiatrist and psychologist regularly, and I receive ECT (shock treatment) about every 8 weeks. I had to get 3 treatments in a week at one time to bring me back to life. I have a great support system in friends and family. I have also come to believe in the power of prayer. Dear friends of mine prayed for me and offered novenas to me every week. The breakdown was an eye-opening experience, even though I don't remember much about it, thank God. Believe in yourself! Don't give up!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:44 AM on May. 7, 2011