How do you feel about a** whoopings?

I know my kids are gonna get them.

I actually see the difference between kids who havent gotten their little asses whooped and kids who have. Kids who havent are out of control, they have no fear of authority and do as they please and end up being hooligans. I know I got mine beat as a child, and I came out pretty damn good. My parents instilled fear in me. Even now, if my mom found out I was doin drugs..she would whoop my ass!

xmama_bellax

Asked by xmama_bellax at 8:33 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Ass whooping is not the term I would use and a blanket statement that all children that don't get them are out of control is also incorrect.

I do think that a lot of parenting skill are lacking by today's standards. With that said, I surely don't have all the answers. I did spank when needed. But, I also used time out and restriction too. My children are often complement for their politeness and good behavior.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 8:58 AM on May. 7, 2011

• We tried spanking (I would not tolerate ANYONE 'whooping' my daughter...,my foot would be up there ass and see how they like it) it did not work. All it did was teach our daughter that hitting people is acceptable, when it isn't. IMO hitting your kids just leads them to be bullies.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 8:52 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I would like for you to meet my child and then you can tell me if she has had a whooping or not.

Don't be so quick to judge as I see many kids that get their ass beat and they still act out. I don't think the form of discipline makes as much difference as the consistancey of the discipline.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:56 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I was never spanked as a child and was never out of control. My mom had two degrees and was a therapist and taught me hitting anyone out of anger was wrong. None of my children have ever been spanked and none of them are out of control. I actually look down on people who use that term and escpecially those who do it in public. I have been known to report someone who I thought was out of control themselves and hurting their child.

Answer by gemgem at 9:01 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Because my children are small and just learning about the concepts of safety, love, comfort, and parental authority- I will NEVER "woop their asses." I'm a grown adult. The idea of me physically assaulting a kid is crazy to me. Imagine if someone 100+ pounds heavier and 3+ feet started whooping on you. Pretty damn scary if you ask me.

My kids are very well behaved. It seems to me that most poorly behaved kids need more positive attention and support from the adults in their lives.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:01 AM on May. 7, 2011

• i use time out and privileges taken away

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 8:47 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I do not believe in "whooping ass" I do believe in spankings, but one or two smacks on the backside with hands over clothes is more than enough to get my point across. Because my kids know I will, I rarely have to do it.

Answer by missanc at 8:51 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I won't be whooping my sons ass. He definitely respects me and has consequences for his actions but for me beating his ass isn't the way to do it.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:54 AM on May. 7, 2011

• wow...

I have never laid a hand on my child and I guarantee that he is not out of control nor a "hooligan"

to each their own, but I think there is a HUGE difference between respecting and fearing your parent. I don't EVER want my son to be afraid of me.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:40 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Not necessary IMO. Making a blanket statement that "Kids who havent are out of control" is unfounded.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:40 AM on May. 7, 2011