Will they allow me to have my tube tied

i am 28 just now and have 2 bio sons who are 2 and 7 months  both by c-section i just don't go into labour i also raise my 2 step kids ( 8 girl , 10 boy ) full time there mum not about . so i have 4 kids just now my dh and me deiced in 3-5 years to have one last baby trying the swaying for girl techniques we be happy if we get a boy but we like a girl . anyway i plan to ask to have my tubes cut when there doing my 3rd section  i will be over 30 with 3 bio kid and the more sections you get the more risks so they like women to stop at about 2 or 3 . also i have hypermobility thats causing a hip and knee prob so i don't think risking any more kids after that would be good for my health my last 2 pregnancy have been hell with sickness , anemia and dehydration yes i know i'm mad wanting one last baby but i do 

do you think i got a good case to get it dune ? i live in uk so money not a prob its kinda up to the dr it mostly is about age and stuff

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on May. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Definitely...I think that doctors are hesitant to do it on women who are very young (late teens/early 20s) and don't have any children or only one child...At 30 with 3, I don't see any reason they wouldn't do it for you if you are healthy enough.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:54 PM on May. 7, 2011

• If you do not want more kids...yes
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 9:09 AM on May. 7, 2011

• In the US, they will do it BEFORE 25. My sister had her tubes tied at 23 after her second child was born. It a doctor thing, not a law thing.

I do not what doctors are like in the UK, but I think what you are asking for is reasonable.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:15 AM on May. 7, 2011

• well, i do not know about in the uk, but here in the us they will do it after 25. and many doctors will do it after the first child if you are 30 or better. have you talked to your dr. about it yet? i think that you have a very strong case for it
    amy585

Answer by amy585 at 9:11 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Isn't it completely your decision? Yes you should have your tubes tied.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:12 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I'd talk to your doctor. In the US, it's usually as long as you have either 3 kids or are at least 25, and you meet both of those. I'm sure you can get it done!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:14 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't see why not. They told me no after my second one because I was too young, just 24. It should be completely your decision in my opinion.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:16 AM on May. 7, 2011

• na i wont ask dr till i am preggers . i dont know if they will say as i can be anemic and dehydrated when I'm pregnant so they may think risk is to high in the uk there funny about is as they worry you may change your mind they normal wont do it till you had more than 1 kid and are older . i will only be in my early 30's but another baby will make 5 kids for me to care for and my health prob will prob get a lot worse as i get older so I'm pushing it having a 3rd

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:17 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Sure, I was 32 when I had my daughter and I was asked by my ob's if I wanted a tubal after having my daughter via c-sec. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Just research things, such as PTLS, before making your ultimate decision. I tend to get every odd less common side effect to things, so PTLS was one deciding factor for me NOT getting a tubal even though DH and I are done.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:18 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Yea, Im 19 with two sons and If I wanted my tubes tied..and i really wanted it to be done, trust and believe it would get done. They cant really say no to you, they just suggest not to do it,
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:18 AM on May. 7, 2011