Mother's Day

Is this day hard for anyone else? I lost my mom almost 2 years ago. I love my kids for doing their things for me. It's just even while they are doing all this, all I can think about is her. Is this terrible of me?

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on May. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• No,it is not. I lost my mom in 1997 and I think of her often,especially on moms day.

Answer by dancer at 9:30 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Its a downer for me because I don't talk to my mom anymore.

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:39 AM on May. 7, 2011

• No its not terrible of you, of course you have a right to feel that way losing your mom is not a little thing I know its hard to enjoy holidays with your kids when you're missing your mom and I'm so sorry for your loss, take as much time as you need to grieve its better to grieve than to hold it in and risk having a breakdown. BUMP

Answer by toybar02 at 10:00 AM on May. 7, 2011

• It is not terrible. I lost my mom. But I also lost my daughter and now my 4 year old granddaughter has no mom. I really wish we could erase Mother's Day.

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:04 AM on May. 7, 2011

• i dont have a terrible time my mother left me when i was 4 an only calls when she feels like it... i could careless about her really.

Answer by akalei at 3:28 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Its good to have thoughts that you miss her but think of the happy thoughts and move on mothers play a big role

Answer by rinamomof2 at 4:22 PM on May. 7, 2011