So frazzled and stressed. Venting!

I love my job, I really do. But last week just SUCKED! I work in a sheltered work center for MR/DD adults. The woman I took over for in Feb. had been there for over 40 years and in that 40 year somehow never managed to learn her job. We getting inspected this month so I have to try to get all of the files and what not in order. And the onyl thing I can say is oh boy are we screwed! I can't find a paper that I need from last Dec. but I can find anything and everything she ever did in 2006. It's soo frustrating! She was 84 when she quit. So for the last few years they just kind of let her do whatever she wanted and didn't s ay much to her. I can tell where my boss and my co-worker had gone into her fiels and tried to fix stuff in the past. It's just a REALLY big mess.
And aside from trying to fix all that this week I think my clients were just trying to see who could drive me crazy first. In TWO days I had one fake a seizure, one peed her pants, one got in a fight with her bf and her blood pressure shot up to heart attack levels, the boyfriend was yellling and cussing and throwing a fit, six people complaining of stomach aches (which requires all vitals to be taken, a form filled out and conversation with the nurse). one woman pooped her pants and walked out from the work area into my office with her pants to show me, one guy who is usually very independent came into my office like fifty times to whine about silly little things (he had a nightmare three years that he was worried about) and I had a woman who said she couldn't pee, but would only go into bathroom for less than a min and come out crying saying she couldn't pee. We went into the bathroom with her and sat there and she went into the stall, 20 seconds later said "I can't go!" and she didn't even have her pants down!!! Her supervisor told me she got up over 100 times that day! It's been a very very long week. My pateience is shot. DD is being a little brat. DH wants laid, but I don't even to be touched right now. I can't get him to understand that I have FIFTY people calling my name ALLLLLLL day, I have people in my face ALLLL day. When I come home the last thing I want is to be pawed at and groped. Is it fair to him? No, but that's how I feel. I come home so frazzled some days I can't even fake it, esp when dd is throwing a temper tantrum because I wont let her play in the trash can (she's 16 mos). I just want to sleep, but I know that won't happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• I am sorry and I hope it gets better no it can only get better.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:39 AM on May. 7, 2011

• you need a different career.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:40 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Sounds like there's not enough people working at your job and you should bring that up to your boss. If my job was that stressful I would quit, I don't care how good the money is. No job is worth being miserable over. If you want to stick with it, good for you, it will probably get easier once you have that mess cleaned up. Either way keep your head up, what goes down eventually comes up for some air =)
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:40 AM on May. 7, 2011

• You've just made my job sound almost heavenly. I'm sorry for you that your job is so stressful. I'd try not to worry too much about missing paperwork that couldn't possibly be your responsibility if you weren't employed at that time. The rest of the job is what it will always be which is why I could never work at a place like that. You are a saint. and I'm sorry you are so stressed.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:40 AM on May. 7, 2011

• one day at a time. Sometimes you just have to remember to laugh rather than get upset over things.. tomorrow is mothers day. Suggest to hubby to watch the kid while you take a nice one hour soak in the tub uninterupted.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:23 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I am so sorry, I hope things get better if needed add me and you can vent to me i am a mom and married i know how crazy things can get... I hope you have a better day and week. You need to get by yourself even if its just to go grocery shopping..

hugs

WAH_Mama

Answer by WAH_Mama at 1:51 PM on May. 8, 2011