I am reposting :::::So at first they thought it was hearing problem then auditory processing now not sure where i go from here?

My son is constantly saying....huuh ma'am, huuh ma'am! he seems like he has hearing problems and he is severe adhd but they say it is def. not that. then they test his hearing and it's PERFECT! What! Then maybe Auditory Processing? They test him and say no? Now what? Anyone else had similar experience? BTW he does have adhd, tourette's, and he is dyslexic though i think none of these are the problem. I feel in my gut something is wrong. Btw we have been to audiololgist, pediatric neurologist, regular ped.

harris4

Asked by harris4 at 10:28 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Could his mind be obsessing and not focusing on the outside.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:33 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Oh well he does have OCD also. That is a good point1 ty
    harris4

Comment by harris4 (original poster) at 10:35 AM on May. 7, 2011

• could the saying be a verbal tic?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:16 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Well no but he does tell me it bothers him if i dont repeat it bothers him. Like if i say something to anyone and he doesn't hear me(no matter how close he is to me) and i say oh nevermind, he gets upset and says Please tell me or it will bother me!
    harris4

Comment by harris4 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on May. 7, 2011