Green eyed monster?

Why exactly is it you hate "rich"? Seems the left and those sorely uneducated about reality feel people who have worked for everything they have (don't give me the silver spoon crap because that is very few people)and have happened to make a good amount of money doing it are bad people for having done so.
Just jealousy. You say no? Well, what is it then? Do you just believe everyone should have an equal amount of money or maybe everything? WHY is it so wrong to have money, to make a profit and to spend that money how you see fit? I don't see it as wrong. I see it as smart, dedicated and absolutely American. Even the people who started the big hated companies like Oil and gas companies, the IT companies and the people who started one of the mega franchises. They started out just like you and me.
How can you justify your hate?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:35 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow hostility early in the morning I could careless about rich people I am blue collar one hundred percent and I am willing to work even though I have not alot of money I am making a movie this june and jealous no I see it as the way for me to work harder the five minutes you spend coviting someone elses belongings is five minutes your not earning your place on the mountain, in the sky or your piece of the pie.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:41 AM on May. 7, 2011

• sorry coveting lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:42 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I agree, if you worked for it its yours. Even if you were smart enough to rip people off for it. Its not the people who are rich's fault that most poor people are poor because they are stupid. Some of them did have a rough time, don't get me wrong.
    But whether its yourb hard labor or your wits that got you the money, you still got it!

I dont hate on poor or rich people. I would say I'm in between, I can see where both sides are coming from.

And coming from a poor family is no excuse nowadays.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:44 AM on May. 7, 2011

• It is jealousy.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:46 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't hate the rich. To me I am annoyed that the rich...the fortune 500 rich that is, have so much influence in politics and primarily push their own agendas with that influence.
    As far as some person who just has a lot of money to toss around at leisure, I never really give those people a thought unless they posture themselves as being better than someone else. Then my annoyance with them is because they're an ass and not their money.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 10:48 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Carpy not everyone is jealous some of us just want to make our own.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:54 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't hate the rich. Without rich, successful, and innovative people, most Americans wouldn't have a job.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:00 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Hate is a strong word. Russian pairs skater Ekaterina Gordeeva (famous Olympian pairs skater w/deceased husband Sergei Grinkov) said in her book, My Sergei, that under USSR communism the notion that they would "earn" anything more due to their celebrity & Olympic gold medals never occurred to them. At the height of his fame, Sergei had no car and still lived with his parents. Everyone having the same regardless of talent or effort is a communistic ideal. Regardless of whether the rich get that way due to effort, talent or luck, those less fortunate may envy them because money is also power, which also proffers a more privileged lifestyle. The rich who don't practice charity toward the people who made them rich, (signifying greed) may be a reason for anger - look at our economy all due to corporate greed - those huge banking bonuses should have been forfeited since the money came from our poorer pockets. Fair is fair...
    flightless

Answer by flightless at 11:02 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I'm not bashing you flightless! I just want to counter a couple of things you said. :) We can't blame all the problems with the economy on corporate greed. For one thing, about 90% of corporatiions are really Mom & Pop family operations that are incorporated for tax and estate purposes...I know this from my career in finance and as a trust officer...there is also some figures somewhere on google. While I find the bonuses shocking, I have no issue with them because they were part of the employment contract. They were part of the paycheck and had to be paid. I had a similar contract when I was a trust officer.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:32 AM on May. 7, 2011

• OP, our govt does a lot to encourage class envy instead of fostering the desire for class advancement. It makes me sad to see so many people worrying about MY money..money I worked very hard for..instead of focusing those energies on making their own success. I am not successful because I am special. I am successful because I made a decision to be and have worked tirelessly toward that goal.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:35 AM on May. 7, 2011