Do you really have to ask if it's ok for your husband to slap your kid(s) in the face?

if it were a discipline method you two were "frequently clashing over" wouldn't this be a dealbreaker? i know my fingers wouldn't be able to dial 911 fast enough if my husband ever went to such extreme measures for "discipline". sometimes i think a standard IQ test should be required before a person is allowed to procreate.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:36 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• While I agree that a child should not be slap a child across the face. I also think that calling out someone's question like this and probably make them feel bad is a type of bullying. She wanted other's opinions. She got it. That should be the end of the story. She should not have to suffer through having her question debated. In addition, the last comment about IQ could be construed that you are questioning her IQ. If that was your intent. That is definitely bullying.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:39 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Someone actually asked this? DH would have a severe problem with me and the cops if that happened.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:38 AM on May. 7, 2011

• My parents slapped me in the face all the time but I never would to my kids and my man wouldn't either.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:38 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Very well Said! Thank you!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:38 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I do not at all agree w/ slapping a kid in the face...but, in Texas anyways, it's not illegal. My hubby is a cop and slapping your child in the face is not something the police could help with.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 10:51 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I didn't see the question so I guess it depends on how she meant. Like all out slapping? No. But if they are an older child and back-sass or spit on you, I can see popping them on the mouth a little. Not all out punching though.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 10:52 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Some people dont see anything wrong with it. Not every one shares the same views, maybe that mom thought that she was an odd one out and needed to make sure that what he was doing was in fact frowned upon.

Thats what we are here for isnt it?
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 11:11 AM on May. 7, 2011

• It's abuse
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:15 AM on May. 7, 2011

• yes, it was asked, about 3 and 5 year old children no less.

tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:40 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Some people dont see anything wrong with it

Some people don't see anything wrong with slapping a 3 and 5 year old in the face period, let alone for discipline? Right.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 11:28 AM on May. 7, 2011