Real or not...

I have been having gushes of water for the last two days. I went to the doctor today and he tested to see if it was amniotic fluid...he said it wasnt but I have to go in tomorrow to do the test again. Well since I have been home and relaxing it has seemed like I have been having contractions...like every ten minutes. Is it my head playing tricks on me or was his test wrong!?!?

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could be. If your not sure or your worried then go to L&D and get checked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• his test didn't have to b wrong for you to be contr'ng. It could be urine. usually their litmus test for ammniotic fluid is not wrong but if ur contr'ng every ten and they con't to get more intense or they get closer together its the real thing - go to the hosp. Good Luck!
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• His test was probably right. It is a very simple cut and dry test by just basically dropping some of the fluid onto a litmus paper to check the PH.

Sure, you may not have broken your bag of waters but that does not mean that you are not going into labor! I would call your doc or the on call dr and let them know that you are having steady contractions 10 minutes apart. They will give you further instruction and may suggest that you visit L&D tonight to be evaluated.

Good luck :)
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:03 AM on Dec. 5, 2008