If i pump after i stopped nursing, is it going to make me make more milk?

christinaPriest

Asked by christinaPriest at 11:30 AM on May. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• notes nothing there. If you have already dried up pumping isn't going to make it come back. If you have a little still left and you start pumping again it might I am not sure
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:33 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I'm slightly confused - you're not currently bf and want to know if you can start producing again, or you want to up your production by pumping after every current bf session? Either way - yes, you can get your milk back, it won't be easy, but women who have never lactated can start (adoptive moms, etc) by pumping - and it will be easier if you've bf in the past. If you're looking to up your current supply, pumping after every bf session can help.
    Anonymous

• Like stop as in Wean? or stop as in pump after each nursing session?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:15 PM on May. 7, 2011

• as in stopped altogether... i was told by the dr that if i was concerned about my enlarged breast that i could pump to relieve some of the pain...
    christinaPriest

Comment by christinaPriest (original poster) at 6:23 PM on May. 7, 2011