Lunch is the hardest time of day to feed my toddler any ideas of what to feed, I feel like he's always eating the same thing I'm in a food rut

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• By the way I still feed the gerber DHA foods the fruit with the grain, some juice and a cookie
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i'll be coming back to this thread in the morning, since i'm going to bed. i'm in the same rut you are! i hope people can help...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• we do
    pb&js with cheatos
    fish sticks
    chicken nuggets
    the gradurate meals *ARE GREAT*
    grilled cheese
    mixed hand vegies..with dip.
    mac & cheese
    spaggait
    left overs.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• This is a common thing believe it or not lol!!  I think we have all been there as parents.  My daughter is going to be 3 in Jan my son is 18 months.  I do a fun lunch on Wed and Friday. I found that the breakfast type lunch is easy and different one week I will do breakfast type stuff then other the other weeks here is an example of lunch in my house:

Monday:  grill cheese cut with a small cookie cutter without the ends with apple slices and milk to drink

Tues: chicken noodle soup I usually drain most of the soup and give noodles with the goldfish crackers in it bannana slices and apple juice

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 1:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Wed: FUN day my daughter gets to help.  Pizza day I get a Naan put cheese, apples, pineapple juice!

naan is like Pita you can put what you want but the apples are great cut them SMALL 

Thurs: mac and cheese with cut up hotdog some fruit yogurt not the one with the fruit in it the kid one

Friday: helper day! chicken nuggets with smiley fries baked and fruit

really if you just let your kids help it is fun.  If they dont like something try again in a few days.  Also you can make left overs with your dinner from the night before according to what you had. 

good luck!

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 1:19 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My daughter is 16 months and we are just now getting her to eat meat. She only likes chicken and fish though. I usually do yogurt and fruit for breakfast with juice (never orange juice), toddler lunchable or grilled chicken for lunch with a veggie, and for dinner she usually eats whatever we have. I just up and decided one day to get rid of ALL of the baby food and not give her a choice... that was the day she started eating better for us :) The most important thing to us is for her to eat healthy, we NEVER do fried food or junk food!
    ShannonRiddle

Answer by ShannonRiddle at 1:48 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Lots of great advice but I just want to remind you (like I remind myself) that even if you feel like you are in a rut or if your little one will only eat certain things......try not to worry about it too much, because as long as he/she is eating, you are doing better than some. A lot of moms worry because they can't get their child to eat so I'd say food rut or not, have some comfort in the fact that you at least know what your toddler likes to eat.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 3:08 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• For breakfast i will feed my 1 year old, either a waffle, or a slice of whole weat toast soaked 1 whole egg into it, and make it into french toast. For lunch, he usually gets chicken nuggets, he hates PBJ and grilled cheese, so i dunno what to give him for lunch either, and for dinner, he has what we are eating, or fishsticks, or mac and cheese, or ravioli, or quesadilla, or pizza, and i guess i could just give him this for lunch too.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 10:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Ours is almost a year and will eat her biggest meal in the morning. A bowl of oatmeal. Same thing day in and day out. She has never been one for the baby food so we just went to real food. I try to offer variety but there are days when all I can get her to eat for lunch is a cereal bar. We do sandwiches and left overs from the night before but like I said there are days when I can get her to eat nothing for lunch. I was told by our ped to be glad that she eats something.
    mom_2_Josie

Answer by mom_2_Josie at 11:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Wow, it amazes me all the junk people feed their children! If a child never has junk food, then they won't want it. And people wonder why their children won't eat healthy food...
    Anonymous