What should I pay my future babysitter??

I'm going back to school, and I will need childcare while I'm in my turtoring sessions. I will have my stepson for the summer who is 8, and my bio kids who are 4, and 1 that will need care. It will be 2 or 3 hours a day, 2 times a week. I had called a few people, and one lady said she would love to do it. She has 7 years of expierence in home child care, and said she could be negotiable about price. She does have a full time job, and her hours will varry because she works as a nurse aide. Which I'm fine with, I just need a few hours to study.
I'm not sure what I should charge. The only way I will be able to pay is with my student loan, and my pell grant, so I will have to double check that I can even pay that with the money they give me. ( I really need it! lol)

What would you pay? I want to be fair, she sounds so nice. Thank you :)

Londyns07mommy

Asked by Londyns07mommy at 12:02 PM on May. 7, 2011 in

• My daughter's Mother's Day Out program just closed, and her teacher is going to do in-home daycare now. She charges $15 for 1-4 hours and $30 for 4-9 hours. I live in San Antonio; that seems to be about what the going rate is around here. Good luck!
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 12:22 PM on May. 7, 2011

• ask her what her hourly rate is?.....or check daycares for thier hourly rates and base it off that
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:22 PM on May. 7, 2011

• most grants like that are paid in sequence, not standard week to week like a pay check.. i got 2 payments in a large lump sum for mine. so i'd look into that first. it does cover on campus day care though that you could look into if the school offers it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:58 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I charge 2 dollars per kid per hour. so with 3 kids at four hours it would be 24 dollars. But if you hand them over after supper and pick them up before they wake up it's 20. Moms need to get out once in a while.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 12:08 PM on May. 8, 2011

• well i am a baby sittier what you and the sitter need to do is sit down and see what you whould charge per hour and you will get how much to pay her and if you wait till the end of the week to pay her or day by day
    sarahullery11

Answer by sarahullery11 at 12:22 AM on May. 10, 2011

Next question in
Research paper topic

Next question overall (Entertainment)
What do you think of Kesha?