Has anyone donated cord blood?

If you didn't and banked it how much did it cost? & If you did how do you go about it? & was it a easy process?

Thank you! :)

oliviahw

Asked by oliviahw at 12:07 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We donated the cord blood with both of our kids. I just googled donating cord blood and my city and found out the organization in my city that does it. It listed the hospitals in the area that did it. They mailed me a packet to fill out with info about my husband and my background information. When I went to the hospital to deliver I told them I was donating the cord blood and that was it. I think the hospital had the packet as well that I could have filled out that day if I hadn't already done it ahead of time.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 1:48 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I was advised against banking cord blood unless there was a need/illness in my immediate family.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:03 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Thank you very much! I found a great site for my area through google and I requested info from them. You were a big help thanks!
    oliviahw

Comment by oliviahw (original poster) at 1:53 PM on May. 7, 2011