This is what I don't understand about the voting up and voting down thing?

If someone asks a question, someone else answers the question. It's someone elses' opinion, correct? So, how can you vote down someone elses' opionion? Just because you don't agree with THEIR opinion? Is it me, or is this one big cluster fork? It's pointless.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on May. 7, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Haha I know right? I've been thumbed down for everything, from saying I've been married 3 times on a "how many times have you been married?" thread to saying that I like porn on an "OMG my man looks at porn and he's going to hell and never wants to have sex with me so do you think he's cheating????" thread. Good times.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 12:23 PM on May. 7, 2011

• It is supposed to be for when people think the advice is good or if the advice is bad. i only vote down if someone is being very rude or a bully. If I think the advice is bad, I post it in the answers and the reason why I think it is bad.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:24 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I only vote down rude, hateful people, and when I know they are giving wrong, maybe harmful advice.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:26 PM on May. 7, 2011

• yeah, I seldom ever even bother with that feature.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:26 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I vote down if the person is being rude, arrogant or utterly ridiculous. Trust me in some cases it's needed! And too many vote downs = the answer being hidden which is definitely needed sometimes!
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 12:31 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I still think it's one big cluster fork.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:33 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Not necessarily so NotPanicking, what's wrong with a sense of humor sometimes. Everyone knows they are just messing around. I kinda appreciate that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:25 PM on May. 7, 2011

• its an opinion yes.. but was it politely done or very rudely done? the vote down are for those that reply rudely or inappropriately.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:52 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My child can't sleep, any suggestions?

Give em a shot of brandy

My child sneaks out of the crib at night, what do I do?

Tie them down

What can I do when my child is being bullied and the school isn't helping?

Ignore it, it will go away

That's what dv's are for.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:08 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Everyone knows they are just messing around.

No, those answers aren't always just messing around. Just like there are still people who feed their kids the Vicks VapoRub instead of applying it to their skin.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:27 PM on May. 7, 2011