I have hashimotos disease and I have a few questions.

My husband and I were trying to have a baby for over a year when my obgyn did some blood work and found out I have a Thyroid Problem. I have hypo and I got sent to a endrocronolgist. She was trying to get my thyroid under control when she when to check to see if I have hashimotos disease. We got the ok to go ahead and start trying again but we were worried with all the things we have read. I was wondering if any moms out there have it and have ok kids? Also how hard is it for woman to get pregnant? Can someone tell me more info on what to expected and what to watch out for? Thanks for your help.

SmallRiver22

Asked by SmallRiver22 at 12:31 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• The Endocrinologist should be putting you on Synthroid . Once you are on Synthroid you'll be fine. Once your Thyroid is under control you shouldn't have a problem conceiving. It's very common.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:15 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Yea i am on Thyroid meds been on them sense December. Just now got my levels normal.
    SmallRiver22

Comment by SmallRiver22 (original poster) at 1:17 PM on May. 7, 2011