What kind of crib is better?

My dad tells me that i should look into getting a drop side crib because it would be alot easier on me. But i have a lady that is giving me a free crib. The only thing is the sides dont drop down on it. I would really appreciate some motherly advice on this matter.

SmilesLovely

Asked by SmilesLovely at 12:32 PM on May. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• drop downs are dangerous!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:36 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Thats what i say but he thinks it would be easier so i can change my son and get him in and out cause im on the shorter side
    SmilesLovely

Comment by SmilesLovely (original poster) at 12:40 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I didn't have a drop down and I had a C section but it all worked out fine.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:44 PM on May. 7, 2011

• drop downs were basically made illegal in production so most newer models wont have them, too many were cheaply made and broke and kids suffocated. in most cribs the bed is adjustable to make it easier. the only drop sides i would recommend is a model made from years ago, all wood in america.. (i have one from when i was a baby and they are made sooo much better than newer models, the other newer model i bought broke and had massive recalls.)
    no one changes baby in the crib much, it's not practical.. on the floor with a changing mat (typically comes with diaper bags now or are cheap to purchase) or on a changing table are your best bets
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:49 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I have a drop side and they make things to lock the drop side in place permanately. Either way drop sides are recalled and you dont want to use it on your child.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:57 PM on May. 7, 2011

• You can put the mattress in the highest postition in the crib so you wont have to do so much bending. also they make a lot of cribs with changing tables that arent expensive.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:53 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Just got the crib took sabrenaleighs advice and looks like it will work!!!
    SmilesLovely

Comment by SmilesLovely (original poster) at 4:37 PM on May. 7, 2011