OMG-I slept with his dad!!!

Let me back up. I've been with my SO for about 5 years. He and his dad have different last names because his dad left him mom when she was pregnant with him and when she had her baby, she gave him her last name. They have not spoken in forever and I had no clue who his dad was. Then they started talking and my SO was like, hey my dad is coming over and I want you to meet him. Then his dad knocked on the door and I almost freaking passed out! I met this guy like 6 1/2 years ago (before I was with my SO) and had a one night stand with him! Neither one of us said anything and it was really awkward. So after we left I came clean with my man--we're getting married and I don't believe in lying. So he is really upset which in a way, I can't blame him but on the other hand, it's not like I did it while we were togther or intentionally went looking for the son to hook up with! But my man was like "it's bad enough to think of the past relationships my girl has had with other guys. It's much worse to know that she slept with my dad." Any advice and no bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• WOW.. it really is a Small World HUH?! LOL! Sorry, you had to go through such a awkward experience- i would of really Freaked! Anyway, i can see why your Man is Upset but, he shouldn't be at you- you can't help what happened before yo were with him & he should be glad you went ahead and told him- just give him a little time to get passed it; i hope everything works out o.k.- Take Care-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:54 PM on May. 7, 2011

• OMG... this is hilarious. It's time for Jerry!
    Anonymous

• Yeah no kidding only this isn't some staged crap where I'm being encouraged to beat someone up or strip on a pole and I'm not a hick.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Honestly, I think he's being a baby. Yeah. it's a little freaky, but like you said, you weren't trying to "keep it in the family", it wasn't when you were with him and you had no way of knowing they were related. It's a big shock right now, but he'll get over it. Give him time. I could see it being a huge mind f**k if you ended up pregnant after that one night stand. THAT'S a Jerry moment.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 12:58 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Wow, I have nothing really to say but work through it. I hope that everything turns out alright! Amazing how stuff like that happens. Thank goodness that I don't do older men.. My DH doesn't know when his father is. Would TOTALLY be not cool! I wish you the best of luck!! And GO YOU for coming clean about it!! He would have never known!! Kudos to you!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:00 PM on May. 7, 2011