Nipples bleeding and leaking? adult content

Im 23 weeks along and i just took off my bra and noticed blood and some clear stuff in the bra padding and some dry blood in cracks of my nipple. Is the bleeding part normal?

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 12:55 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• mine didn't bleed until after i started BF, get that checked out. they leaked while i was pregnant but never bled
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:56 PM on May. 7, 2011

• that sounds like breast cancer you should go get checked hun !
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 12:59 PM on May. 7, 2011

• If its your first, the blood can be a result of the higher blood volume to your nipples as the colostrum starts to come through. If that's the case, you shouldn't notice any blood after a day or two.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 1:03 PM on May. 7, 2011

• This is my first pregnancy and I def notice more blood volume. I get bloody noses now and Ive never had one before in my life. my doctors appointment is next friday and if it doesnt stop before then I am going to go in sooner.
    campbellb3421

Comment by campbellb3421 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on May. 7, 2011

• In the first two days after deliver,y the colostrum I expressed was pink from one breast and "normal" color from the other. Everything cleared up, and I'm no longer bleeding inside my breast. Not sure what caused it, but it didn't worry me enough to ask about it...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:09 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I would call your doctor. It's probably normal, but that can't be comfortable. You should get some Lanolin ointment. It's really thick and creamy and helps to heal your nipples when they're sore like that. Call your doctor first though so they can rule out any infection.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 4:43 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Mine were really dry around that time, and mine bled sometimes. I would get something called lanolin, to put on your nipples. Its for when you're breast feeding, because sometimes when you breast feed your nipples get dry and they bleed. I'm 30 weeks pregnant, and I use it everyday, and my nipples are no longer dry and cracked.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 2:13 AM on May. 8, 2011