What would you do if

you find out that your kid was switched at birth and your bio child lived with a different family? Let's say that the kids are now 10 years old. Do you want your bio child back? Do you even want to meet your bio child? Do you love the child you thought was yours any differently?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I would want to meet the bio child and I would want my child to meet their bio parents. I would not even consider 'switching them back' a that point. I would also want family counseling on my end and hope the family with my bio child would do the same. what a difficult revelation.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:03 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i would want to meet the child and at least let them see who they were genetically related to. maybe work out some custody or visitation agreement so that I could see them but i for sure wouldn't want to just give up the child i had raised, they are still mine and have my habits, rules and manners.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:04 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I am not sure. I would want the child you have raised but would i want to switch them no. Look at it this way once all is out int eh open what would happend in the teen years? your not my mom I dont have to listen to you what if the family isnt abel to keep up what you have? What if one is well off and the other isnt. would you want to change it all? Look at it today would you wnat your bio child to go with out or would you cant to change that? I am not sure what I would want to do
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 1:57 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I would want to meet them and vise versa for the other family, I would want to be in their life and be able to see them a lot but not take them, I would want to keep the child I already have as my own.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 2:12 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i would want to form a relationship with my bio kid..not necessarily switch them but it would be nice to have visitation and do things with that child..that is a horrible situation to be in
    Anonymous

• blood tests and a hospital demand
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:19 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i would want to meet them but i wouldnt wanna switch back. the child you raised is your child but it would be cool if they were close friends
    dramaMama407

Answer by dramaMama407 at 9:01 PM on May. 7, 2011