40 weeks today...Im feeling cramping and contractions that come every 10 to 15 min. is this labor?

This is my first baby so i really dont know, plus is it normal to have a lil spotting?

nic0ley0

Asked by nic0ley0 at 1:03 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it could be the start of labor! :) good luck!! once it gets closer in time off to the hospital/birthing center or where ever you are delivering. and yes i think its pretty normal to have spotting once it starts i think i did! i dont really remember =/
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 1:07 PM on May. 7, 2011

• It could be but how long are the contractions lasting? I'd call the Labor & Delivery Dept and let them know you might be coming in

Answer by admckenzie at 1:07 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I didn't spot but that doesn't mean it's not normal. It sounds like you are in labor. Good luck!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:09 PM on May. 7, 2011

• they last about a minute, and i called but they kinda rushed me off the phone because of an emergency.
    nic0ley0

Comment by nic0ley0 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on May. 7, 2011

• it could be the start of labor :) GL mama!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 1:10 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Don't go to the hospital until the contractions hurt. Really hurt. Otherwise you will be stuck at the hospital walking the halls and that stinks. Eat a light meal and go for a walk. Then take a nap and relax as much as you can. Big hugs! You will be holding your LO before you know it. :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:16 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I was told to go to the hospital when they had been 5-7 min (start of one to the start of the next) for 1 hour and were painful enough that they took my breath away or I couldn't speak. Sounds like you are in the beginning stages to me!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:32 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I also agree eat light! Once you get the hospital they won't let you eat at all. As my birthing teacher said 'when you get to the hospital and they ask you if you have eaten anything you tell them: yep I had a banana on the way here and it was goooood.'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:34 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Yes it is labor!!! I would go to the hospital when they r less then 10 minutes apart.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:36 PM on May. 7, 2011

• yes pack your bag and head on out
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 1:48 PM on May. 7, 2011