Infant problem

My hubby has been indifferent towards me and my son from the day i gave birth to him. My son is 10mths old very naughty and stubborn at times i get so exhausted that i slap him and when he cries i feel sad am i doing right or am i wrong plz advise. I hd csection an being an orphan hd no one to care for me im having severe pain in legs taking medication still its not curing my legs swell in the morning my hubby does not help. Plz advise how i cud better my life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would try to find out what the hubby's problem is first.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:16 PM on May. 7, 2011

• OK, Since you asked & sorry to be stern. First of all, 10 month old children are not naughty & stubborn. They act a certain way because they NEED SOMETHING or are experiencing stress from their surroundings (you & your DH). DO NOT SLAP THE CHILD, HE IS A BABY! If you can't handle it then find someone who will treat the child right. Read books on how to properly raise a child. You are the cause of HIS issues. Second, address your swelling issue. ELIMINATE all salt from your diet & eat right. Drink Water & have your Blood Pressure checked. Diet if you have to. As far as your DH, maybe you should sit down & talk like adults & see what his issue is & address that. Sorry to be so harsh but when you have a child, life is NOT ALL about YOU anymore.
    Anonymous

• I agree with everything Anon said.
    Especially NEVER slap a baby... you have me worried that this is the beginnings of abuse.
    Anonymous

• I'm tossing my hat in with the two Anonymous here. Slapping a 10 month old baby FOR ANY REASON IS WRONG. He is NOT being naughty. Stubborn maybe, but NOT naught. He's curious about his surroundings and is trying to learn.

Sit down with your husband and tell him you NEED his help with raising YOUR (his and yours) baby. If he's still indifferent then leave his lazy ass. If the medication you are taking isn't helping then GO BACK TO THE DOCTOR and get more help, or get a second/third/fourth opinion.

Y'all need professional help and soon before CPS/Child Services comes and takes your baby away from you.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:56 PM on May. 7, 2011

• It sounds like you need some help on how to deal with stress. Raising children is NOT easy, but slapping a child is NOT ok. There is help out there for you. There is parenting classes you and your husband can take. Maybe ask the pediatritian or WIC office on where you can get some help with your anger issues. I have 4 young children all under the age of 6 and 2 with special needs and there are many times when i get frustrated, espcially since i am with them 24 hrs a day with no help since my husband has to work 2 jobs 7 days a week to make end meet. I never get a break, but i knew this when i started having children. I am ok with it. Please get help before something worse happens. I hope things get better for you and your family.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 2:10 PM on May. 7, 2011