Can I slow cook a steak?

beef loin new york boneless it the cut I have and I have a few of them. So can I slow cook it? If so any good recipes?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 1:36 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I can't imagine why you couldn't... It may fall apart, but that could be really good over rice... Hmmm.... I want to see what others say!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:38 PM on May. 7, 2011

• You can make swiss steak or slow cook it in a little beef broth, carrots, potatoes, an envelope of brown gravy mix and serve it with some mashed potatoes. You can dice it up for a stew. The possibilities are endless!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:41 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Like in a crockpot slow? I think it would get tough - but I"M NOT A COOK.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:41 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Yes a slow cooker, it would get tough really?
    rhanford

Comment by rhanford (original poster) at 1:43 PM on May. 7, 2011

• You can but you might end up with more of like a beef stew more then anything....Good luck.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:55 PM on May. 7, 2011

• It will not get tough. Put it in, add a little water or beef broth, add a packet of onion soup mix OR a chopped onion & some beef boullion or broth & black pepper and a little salt. As long as you cook it past the "just done" stage it will be nice & tender. You won't get a good rare or med. rare steak from the crock pot, it'll be done like a roast. If you do roasts in, do the steak the same way, just remember the steak will be done a little faster. I'd rather do steak in the crock pot than in a frying pan, broiler, or oven.
    Anonymous

• Yes!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:25 PM on May. 7, 2011

• It's amazing! I upt two steaks with bell pepper onion mushrooms and worchester sauce water and carribbean jerk omg I am soo doing this agian!
    rhanford

Comment by rhanford (original poster) at 10:17 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Why would you do anything like that to a perfectly good steak?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:14 AM on May. 8, 2011