Picky eaters?

My ds. Very pick on what he wants to eat. This has been going on for the last couple of months he is not even eating pudding of any kind. Doc says he needs more callories. But he hates milk and cheese. I don't know what to feed him cause hell take a bite or two out of what ever I give I'm and push it away. Today I decided to give him a banana cause he loves them, took two bites and pushed it away. I'm down to force feeding him and I dont want to. He went from fourtyeth percentill to ninth in wieght in three months. So any advice would be apritiative. Thank you.

EliasMommyDec09

Asked by EliasMommyDec09 at 1:50 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how old is he? Since my son was 5 months old he has never even ben on the charts. He is steadlily going up though. My son wont take any kind of pudding, hot cereals, yougurt or anything like that texture. I fed him noodles with olive oil or butter and added that to almost everything i could to help him gain weight. He is now 12 months old and now weighs 15 pounds. Have you considered cosulting a dietitian to help? We have one for our son and it has helped. Good Luck
    team21

Answer by team21 at 2:02 PM on May. 7, 2011

• When he's hungry he'll eat. Force feeding ANY child is the worst idea ever. Keep offering him healthy, balanced meals and he will eventually eat.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:12 PM on May. 7, 2011

• He is 17 months and he will eat yogert occssionally. He does love noodles. Rspecially roman noodles. But I hate feeding him that everyday though cause its high in salt.
    EliasMommyDec09

Comment by EliasMommyDec09 (original poster) at 3:27 PM on May. 7, 2011

• my daughter used to be like that. What i did for her was put a few snack like items out on a paper plate in the living room on the coffee table and she would eventually come up and eat whatever i put on the plate whenever she got hungry. Good luck i know it can be frustrating!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:22 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Will he drink smoothies? You can blend fruits that he likes with veggies...
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 11:55 PM on May. 7, 2011