• In the Spotlight:

I Can only have one child, sometimes I feel like woman with 4 kids or whatever

are more then a mom then I am. Anyone with one child ever like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Health

• I don't understand your question,sorry.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:06 PM on May. 7, 2011

• The number of children you have does not determine your worth as a mother. A good mother takes care of her motherly responsibilities in such a way that she doesn't make it seem like work, but a labor of love. A good mother is caring, giving, loving & selfless. I grew up an only child, and my mother was all of those things, and more! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:07 PM on May. 7, 2011

• More of a mom? No, they just have more kids to mother.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:08 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I have two, and could probably have had more; but I don't feel that this makes me less of a mom than women with many kids, or more of a mom than women with only one...or who could only have one. Your ability to love and nurture is what makes you a mom, not the number of children you bring into the world.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:09 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I agree with ss mom! I was blessed to have one child who I cherish! He has lots of friends and I am happy for my child.
    Anonymous

• Honey, you are no more, nor less than any other mom. Don't feel inferior at all because you only have one child. If one is enough for you then you've done good. I have two kids and that's enough for me.

Which is better? Having just enough kids that YOU feel fulfilled, or having so many kids that you feel overwhelmed?

Everyone is different.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~~Eleanor Roosevelt
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:18 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Nope. Perfectly happy with my one and only, and I don't feel like those with more kids are any 'more' of a mom than I am.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 2:18 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I have three kids but I would NEVER think you or any mom with one child or two or however many is less of a mom. My sister cant have kids and feels her students-she is a teacher-are like her kids. I dont think she is less of a mom.
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 2:24 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Sometimes I think that moms with only one child were smarter than I... ;-) I have 3... but I in no way think I am more or less than a mother to my children than others.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 2:29 PM on May. 7, 2011

• No matter the number of children a woman has as long as she's giving that child/or children all of the tender love and care that they need that's all that matters.Being a mother at times can be quite overwhelming no matter the number of children but by that same token it can be just as rewarding.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 2:41 PM on May. 7, 2011