What keeps you spiritually fulfilled?

People does different things in order to feel spiritually fulfilled, such as meeting other people in the same religion, reading religious texts [bible, torah, quran, etc.], praying, etc. Im jut curious to find out different answers, because me being a unitarian christian it is hard for me to feel spiritually fulfilled. Please no bashing on my religious beliefs, I just want to find out ways on how to be spiritually fulfilled.

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 2:09 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Church, reading the Bible, researching scriptures, praying, buying Christian books that pertain to my situation at the time. Getting involved with my church (Sunday School teacher) Choir, events outside church service.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 2:22 PM on May. 7, 2011

• prayer, spending time with God, especially when I get a chance to in the nature, engaging in spiritually conversation with people who are more spiritual than religious.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:33 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Looking within myself at that spark of the Divine within me. I communicate to the Divine and I focus on being a good person and doing my best every day.

Thats what keeps me spiritually fulfilled because when I know Im trying my hardest to be a good person than Im close to the Divine and peace.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:34 PM on May. 7, 2011

• What keeps me spiritually fulfilled is attending ladies Bible class at my church. I've found that no matter how crappy and depressing my week may have been once I start fellowshipping with my fellow Sisters in Christ it gives me a renewed strength to keep pushing on pushing on.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 2:37 PM on May. 7, 2011

• As an atheist this is a bit of an odd question for me, as I don't consider myself to be "spiritual" in any traditional way. However, I do think I achieve that same sense of fulfillment that religious people seek, in a number of "non-supernatural" ways. Just being a good wife, mother, and person and trying my best to help others is a large part of it. Obviously I don't pray (or even meditate), but activities like taking a walk in the woods, spending an evening star-gazing, or otherwise marveling at the wonders of science and the natural world also gives me the same feeling that others would describe as being spiritually fulfilled.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 3:14 PM on May. 7, 2011

• .. when I know Im trying my hardest to be a good person... --

what she said.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:42 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I constantly read about and discuss religion - I just finished reading Jesus for the Non-Religious by Spong (and I read A New Christianity for a New World before that, also by Spong), and I'm starting a book on Gandhi next. So, yeah, lol, reading, discussing, just thinking about faith and finding ways to express how I believe, hearing and learning about the beliefs of others.... I just soak it all in. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:27 PM on May. 7, 2011

• prayer, church, praise & worship music does it for me.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 8:40 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Just living my life according to what my religion says it's the right thing to do.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:00 PM on May. 7, 2011

• That time right before sleep, when I talk to God and meditate on His word. it's sleepy and comfortable and I feel very receptive
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:00 AM on May. 8, 2011