Has anyone had a Mirena implant removed and were there any side effects also did you try for a baby after having it removed?

missmeg1970

Asked by missmeg1970 at 2:22 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• my sil had hers taken out due to side effects. She became pregnant only 2 months after getting it out.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:25 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i had mine taken out due to extreme pain and bleeding a year after it got put in.... but i know a few people that it has worked great for.... i dont know about the getting pregnant part...my husband had a vasectomy so i cant help you there sorry.... im sure its not hard to get pregnant right away though
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:57 PM on May. 7, 2011

• funny story...my sister actually passed out on the gyno table while getting hers inserted! well, at least i laughed!
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 3:12 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I had mine in for about a year. I had it removed so we could try for baby #2. So I got it out in Oct and didn't have any complications and got pregnant about a month later. it was fast!
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 3:51 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I had it removed after having it over a year because it was soo uncomfortable to have intercourse. I immediately started the pill but suprise!! got pregnant the next month even while taking the pill.. . So we will be having our second child this July/August. . . .
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 4:47 PM on May. 7, 2011