Looking in other religions...

Before I became a unitarian christian, I looked into other religions, such as judaism, islam, wiccan, etc. in order to find the religion thats right for me. When I tell people about my religion seeking adventure, they thought that I was weird for doing it. I was just trying to find the religion that is right for me for me so I can be spiritually fulfilled. How is that weird cafemoms? You can be honest. I am not a sensitive person.

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 2:24 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its good you experienced this spiritual journey. It allowed for you to make your own choice on how you can spiritually connect and be content with youself.
    Most people go thru this, not sure why others think its wierd.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:28 PM on May. 7, 2011

• It's not weird, it's just disturbing to people who are too weak to question things.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:29 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't see it as weird.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:31 PM on May. 7, 2011

• It would be considered weird by those who are so set in their ways and religion that the mere thought of questioning anything spiritual is basically wrong and just not done.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:35 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Everyone should do as you did. We try on lots of shoes before buying the one that fits best, why not religion?
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 2:37 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't see it as weird. I am doing some searching myself. Though I know my 'criteria' I am still ironing out the details. I think everyone should really buckle down and figure out what works best for them. Follow their heart so to speak.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:50 PM on May. 7, 2011

• why not shop around, especially when it concerns something as valuable as your spiritual soul? You wouldnt buy a car without test driving, you wouldnt buy a house without checking out the neighborhood. I did this as well. I converted from Christianity to Hinduism when I was 14 and as I was growing up (and still growing up spiritually) I studied many other religions, including different aspects of Christianity, Wicca and Islam, always went back to Hinduism tho, it feels right to me. However, we still go to Easter service at the Greek Orthodox Church (original faith to me) Christmas eve musical service at a Bible church, Mabon camping with the Wiccans and other holidays are celebrated as well.
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:51 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I think it's great. No one should blindly follow something that does not fulfill them or make them happy. Good for you!
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:02 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't think it's weird. It's good to explore and learn all kinds of stuff IMO. I was raised as a Christian (Presbyterian), practiced Wicca for several years as a young adult, later found Buddhism and Naturalistic Pantheism. Now I'm also studying Taoism (my DH is a Taoist) in addition to Buddhism. I've always been interested in other philosophies and religions too, like Gnosticism, Hinduism, Liberal Christianity, Humanism, etc. I've found what works for me, and become more knowledgeable about others in the process. My views haven't really changed drastically over the years, it more that I finally found Buddhism and Pantheism which fit how I saw the Universe and made the most sense to me. I enjoy comparing similarities and differences between religions too. It's good to expand your knowledge, and be sure of the path you're taking.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:07 PM on May. 7, 2011

• it would only seem weird to people who HAVEN'T searched and sought out what speaks to them. no two persons think alike 100%--its good to know and study what is better suited for you, the individual.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:44 PM on May. 7, 2011