Has anyone heard of the flowering plant?

Called The Kalanchoe Flower or Kalanchoe plant and if so have you ever had one and how do they hold up and what are the care instructions for it? I got one from my boys for Mother's Day and have never had this flower before and don't want to kill it. Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 3:12 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Really easy - we got them as take homes from horticulture class in high school. Keep them where they'll get some sunlight part of the day and they'll bloom.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:57 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I had one years ago. Don't remember much about it though. Here's a link that could be helpful:

http://houseplants.about.com/od/succulentsandcacti/p/Kalanchoe.htm

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:25 PM on May. 7, 2011

• They are very easy to care for. They bloom as long as they are supposed to, and then aren't showy- just green, but while they are blooming they are very pretty. Just water as you would any indoor flowering plant and I'd say light to medium, not hot light.

Answer by Bmat at 3:29 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I have one now that I need to throw away. They are beautiful when they are in bloom, and the blooms last a pretty long time. When the blooms are gone, though, they will not bloom again unless you do the put them in a dark closet thing for some period of time. I simply don't have the patience nor the inclination to fool with all that. My advice--enjoy it until the blooms fall off and then pitch it. They are a succulent, so they don't require a lot of water.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:59 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I have no idea. Good luck to you.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:04 PM on May. 7, 2011

• no idea, but good luck
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:58 PM on May. 7, 2011