Is it common to have lower back pain @ 7 wks pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Perfectly normal. Your body is changing and adjusting, lots of things will feel unusual and uncomfortable for many more weeks to come! Congrats :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:35 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Yes. I had lower back pain before I even POAS!

It doesn't seem to make sense - lower back pain in pregnancy you would think was related to carrying around a big belly full of baby - closer to 7,8,9 months - but it is really common in early pregnancy.

It does get better! (but then it does often get painful again; carrying around a big belly full of baby around 7,8,and9 months gives you the lower back pain, too!)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 4:14 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I just found out yesterday that I am pg. Calculations put me @8wks. Lower back pain has always been a sign to me of my pregnancies. SO to answer your question, yes. VERY normal. My back has been achy nd felt hot for the last week. Try a dip in the pool or lukewarm ... not hot baths. Congrats!!
    ButterflyKissed

Answer by ButterflyKissed at 5:38 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Yes, my back hurt more during the first and half the second trimester than it does now in my third trimester. Your body is putting out a hormone that loosens the joints, I forget what its called, another pregnancy symptom, I can't remember anything! Nor can I keep track of anything either. But yeah, its normal.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 2:07 AM on May. 8, 2011

• yes back labor
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:58 AM on May. 8, 2011