WTF is wrong with people?

Anyone capable of doing this type of thing should not be allowed to be amongst society.

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A mother has been arrested after allegedly pushing her baby in a stroller down a flight of stairs at the Lake Street light rail train station Tuesday evening.

Police said the incident happened during an argument between the mother, 26-year-old Lisa Marie Martin, and her boyfriend. When officers arrived, they found the boyfriend holding the 4-month-old baby as Martin yelled at him. His face was bloodied. A crowd had gathered around them.

According to the criminal complaint, witnesses on the platform earlier saw Martin fighting with the unnamed boyfriend from the top of the stairwell as he went down the stairs to get away from her.

She was heard yelling at him, “You already got a 12 and 14 year old you don’t give a s*** about and now you don’t give a s*** about this one! I’m gonna push this one down the steps! I’m pregnant again!”

Martin was then seen pushing the stroller down the steps. The stroller tipped over before it could reach Martin’s boyfriend, and the baby fell out onto the concrete stairs.

The criminal complaint says that Martin, instead of picking the baby up to check on its welfare, ran to her boyfriend and started punching him in the face. Someone at the light rail station went to the child’s assistance.

Martin told police she was currently two months pregnant. She admitted to drinking at least five beers before the fight.

As Martin was arrested, she kicked two officers and spat at one of them.

The baby was checked out at Hennepin County Medical Center. He had some scratches on his cheek and thigh and a scab on his scalp.

Martin has been charged with felony fourth-degree assault, gross misdemeanor endangerment and neglect of a child and misdemeanor domestic assault.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 3:45 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• SICK- I could barely finish reading the story.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 3:47 PM on May. 7, 2011

• OMG! Bless that poor child, I just don't understand this kind of thing...I really don't....my heart goes out to that little baby
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:47 PM on May. 7, 2011

• There is just so much wrong with this. Not only did she push the child she had down the stairs (after claiming her bf didn't care about it) she was drinking while she was pregnant! wow!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:49 PM on May. 7, 2011

• she needs to be fixed
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:49 PM on May. 7, 2011

• This is so sad!!! That poor little baby!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:50 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I saw that on the loaal news last night and it made me sick.
    In the middle of winter, another couple of young people had an argument and the mom of their tiny baby threw the baby out into a snowbank. A passerby brought the baby to the county hospital and it is in foster care now.
    I bet they were on drugs. Drugs are ruining society.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:55 PM on May. 7, 2011

• What the hell's with this "misdemeanor" $#!@ !!! How about Felony Child Abuse! How about Attempted Murder!!! If It was up to me I would strap her down to a chair and have needles pushed under her fingernails! Put little cuts all over her body and then fill then with salt! Anyone who could intentionally harm and innocent child should not be giving the luxury of taking up space on this earth!

Motherdragon

Answer by Motherdragon at 3:59 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Where is her family? I can't imagine knowing a relative of mine was such a violent a-hole and not trying to step in to help the child...I hope the baby's dad is a safer place for this baby

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:03 PM on May. 7, 2011

• she needs to be fixed

Agreed!!
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 4:08 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Wow she should be snipped for sure what about the next one. Give a whole new meaning to the no glove no love talk??
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:27 PM on May. 7, 2011