How now brown cow?

I've heard this phrase randomly; this Wikipedia article discusses its origins. Have you ever heard this elocution phrase? Can you think of any other similar sentences? DD1 has a set of books that discuss word families like this. I can sometimes get her to say the words with me. I guess a more famous example of children's books with rhyming words is anything of the Suessian genre. Do you have any favorites?

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 3:57 PM on May. 7, 2011 in

• Hook on Phonic is an awesome teaching tool. Just learning the sounds and the rules to pronouncing words is excellent, but there is more than just that to be gained with the series...like learning how to flow from one word to the next easily. Also, I had the tapes where the woman says each letter and the sound... I played them for my kids at night...put them right to sleep. LOL
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 4:16 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I've never tried Hooked on Phonics. I remember the commercials from when I was a child. I taught myself how to read and how to write before I ever entered a formal educational institute. DD1 is older than I was when I learned these things. I know she's not behind, per se, but I wish that she were more interested in learning.

AmourSpork

Comment by AmourSpork (original poster) at 4:25 PM on May. 7, 2011